I am a newbie at the Stafford Loans, and I do apologize if my question seems silly or repetitive of other threads. My situation is that I am qualified for the Stafford Loan, sub and unsubsidized, and after paying for tuition and everything I will be left with about $5000 per term ($10K for the entire school year, but this money is unsubsidized). I don't really need this money, but I am wondering if I should return it or hold on to it, just in case the interest rate on student loan may go up next year. What I am thinking is that, if the rate goes up to say 7.5% next year (hope not), I can use the 10K I am holding now at 6.8% to pay off some of the tuition, instead of having to borrow another $10K at 7.5%. I understand that holding on to $10K at 6.8% unsubsidized will cost money in interest rate, and wonder if it is really worth it since I don't really know how much the interest rate will be next year. I have asked my financial adviser, and she does not seem to be sure, and basically tell me to find out more information and think carefully. So I am asking if I can please have some advice from you. Maybe I am missing out on something? Any pointer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. PS: I am an entering freshman of pharmacy. My tuition is $20,000, what I qualified for in Stafford is $30,000, so it is 10K left. Please also recommend me any good lender for the Stafford loan for Pharm. I think T.H.E, Accessgroup and other lenders we see in this forum are not for pharmacy. Thank you.