What to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mj313

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
foreign medical grad: 2009
All USMLE's completed: scores: 1(203 with attempt), 2(202), 3(197)
seven months of family medicine residency credit from 2011 to 2012 and I resigned when PD gave me a letter of contract non-renewal.
No residency, working as a clinical assistant at an Orthopaedics office.
I apply for residency every year but no interviews.
Do I get an MPH then go to PA school? Do I get MS in Biomedical Sciences and go for PA school?

Please advise.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
6 years is a long time. as a foreign grad, your chances are slim to none. I recommend you find a job where you can make a living and maybe just move on with your life...

find a nonclinical job with an insurance company, in consulting, etc.

Given the fact that you have never worked as a physician, you're 6 years out of med school, and your board scores are very poor (especially for a FMG trying to get residency), I think it may be time for you to give up on being a physician in the US. If you wanted to go to PA school, I can't say what type of degree you should get beforehand or what qualifications you would need with your background.

Members don't see this ad :)
seven months of family medicine residency credit from 2011 to 2012 and I resigned when PD gave me a letter of contract non-renewal.

Just curious- why did you resign? You could have completed the year and obtained an unrestricted license, which at least would have allowed you to work as a physician moonlighting or something.