What to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Good Samaritan2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I spent 6 years (2010-2016) with SGU and getting through basic sciences, clinical rotations, STEP 1, STEP 2 CS, but unable to get past STEP 2 CK. Due to 6 year rule, I withdrew from SGU. I was given advice by school to contact other Caribbean schools and see if I could transfer there to complete MD.

I did contact a number of schools and overall, they have a basic transfer requirement of having to do some clinical rotations with them along with of course passing STEP 2 CK. For example here is a list of the weeks of rotations that are required:

1. Windsor SOM - 72 weeks
2. Avalon University SOM - 48 weeks
3. Caribbean Medical University SOM - 36 weeks
4. AUIS - 80 weeks

Thing is that the cost is going to be a good amount, I am not sure how much it will be, but I am sure it will be on the pricey side for sure lol.

Another thing is I have been looking into MPH programs, including online ones (don't worry, they are not scams) and it definitely will be cheaper and will not require me to travel too much which in itself cuts costs. Also will depend on my schedule and can be a little under 2 years to up to 4 years depending on how many credits I choose to take each quarter.

I do have commitments with family here with helping out their business locally.

Ideally, I would love to finish the MD, but idk how feasible it will be financially as well as long term. Fwiw I am NOT going into any residency/clinical setting. My plan is to be going into a nonclinical career even if I get a MD. Just wanted to mention this so there is no confusion/assumption of me trying to still get a residency spot or anything. I am not planning to go the clinical route at all. I plan to go into pharm/bioinformatics/admin/research/etc. route.

Members don't see this ad.