What to eat the day of the test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skydiver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what to do for food the day of the test?
I'm thinking a bagel sandwich (egg and cheese) with coffee for breakfast, since that's what I have been eating.
A couple of Cliff bars, water and maybe coffee or sweet caffeinated soda.
What do you guys think

T minus ...:scared::eek: 1.5 days :scared::confused::eek:

Members don't see this ad.

easy on the caffeine...during the test, you will have enough adrenaline to run a marathon. so it probably wouldn't help to be jittery and anxious on top of that.

Good Luck

I ate a banana before the test, and between each section (except my lunch break).

For Step II this meant eating 7 bananas!

I would avoid caffeine unless you've done well on similarly long tests with it in the past.

So what to do for food the day of the test?
I'm thinking a bagel sandwich (egg and cheese) with coffee for breakfast, since that's what I have been eating.
A couple of Cliff bars, water and maybe coffee or sweet caffeinated soda.
What do you guys think

T minus ...:scared::eek: 1.5 days :scared::confused::eek:

good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I would avoid caffeine unless you've done well on similarly long tests with it in the past.
Really? No Caffeine. Even for those students who are used to studying on a caffeine buzz? I dont know if i would want to risk a caffeine withdrawl migraine on the day of my exam. Im planning on just cutting it down a little to avoid any mid day crash, with maybe at least a few gulps between blocks. As far as food goes prolly just some low cal, low fat foods that wont put me down for a nap.

Really? No Caffeine. Even for those students who are used to studying on a caffeine buzz? I dont know if i would want to risk a caffeine withdrawl migraine on the day of my exam. Im planning on just cutting it down a little to avoid any mid day crash, with maybe at least a few gulps between blocks. As far as food goes prolly just some low cal, low fat foods that wont put me down for a nap.

I'm not going to recommend major changes in your routine. If you rely on a steady state dose of caffeine, don't quit the day of the test.

hmmm, egg and chese bagel sandwich huh? i dunno, it's probably best to eat the eggs and cheese separate from the bagel if you ask me. probably best indeed.

i don't think it matters a whole lot what you eat the morning of, as long as you eat something. that sort of breakfast would definitely upset my stomach though... personally i had a little coffee, bowl of cereal, and then had a subway sandwich for lunch and a soda i nursed throughout the day.

a soda i nursed throughout the day.

did you have to keep going and unlocking your locker, taking it out, sipping it, then put it back in and lock your locker after every block? the way they have this set up seems really dumb.

did you have to keep going and unlocking your locker, taking it out, sipping it, then put it back in and lock your locker after every block? the way they have this set up seems really dumb.

Yes. The test centers are quite regulated.

I don't think it matters what you eat as long as it is not something that makes you ill. I second the notion of taking breaks every couple of sections for a snack. I always tried to find test centers that were relatively rural so you could go out and sit outside or sit in the car or whatever.

I had some oatmeal for breakfast a cup of coffee. during the test i ate a half a sandwich with turkey breast and pastrami, an apple, a banana, and a granola bar, brought more food with me but wasn't hungry... Ohh but the most part I i has a double shot espresso starbucks drink and a redbull.. it was a long day..