What to expect in a hospitalist Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cadet133

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have several hospitalist interviews lined up next week. Im extremely nervous and am supposed to be interviewing with CEO, MDs,etc etc. Typically what should I expect in these interviews? Whats best way to prepare for them?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I have several hospitalist interviews lined up next week. Im extremely nervous and am supposed to be interviewing with CEO, MDs,etc etc. Typically what should I expect in these interviews? Whats best way to prepare for them?

Expect them to cater to you, including the CEOs and MDs.

Show up on time and dress professionally. Smile. Be cordial. It’s not a residency interview. They basically want to know if you have a pulse and look for obvious red flags.

In a sense, you are the one interviewing them and not the other way around. They know that you have options. You don’t need any particular job because it will always be easier for you to find a job than it is for them to find a physician. We are few and far in between. Own this.

Good luck!

Expect them to cater to you, including the CEOs and MDs.

Show up on time and dress professionally. Smile. Be cordial. It’s not a residency interview. They basically want to know if you have a pulse and look for obvious red flags.

In a sense, you are the one interviewing them and not the other way around. They know that you have options. You don’t need any particular job because it will always be easier for you to find a job than it is for them to find a physician. We are few and far in between. Own this.

Good luck!

Thank you for the response. That definitely makes me feel better. I guess I should be going in with a mindset that they already want me.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
At the same time if this is your first job out of residency I also wouldn't be too nonchalant about it. If you're interviewing at an academic institution and have strong interest in education, quality improvement, or leading hospital committees make sure to mention this at the interview.