What to focus on with 2 weeks left?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

decafplease

Medical Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm trying to figure out where I should focus as I'm heading into the last 2 weeks. I'm behind in my TPR homework (DON'T do this!!) and I've taken 4 practice exams.
Current scores: VR:10-11, BS:10, PS:8 (based on TPR tests and AAMC 9)

Where's the best place to focus my energy?
Should I focus on bringing PS up to a 10? (this is my big problem area)
Should I try to bring up Bio to a 12? (I'm a bio major, it's because I'm behind on HW)
Should I work on Verbal to see if I can improve to a 12/13?

At this point, I'm planning on doing at least 4 more practice tests and trying to catch up with my homework passages, but I don't know what area is the best bang for my buck with so little time left.

Members don't see this ad.

So I pulled my VR scores about 2-3 points (from AAMC 3 to AAMC 5) and then scored pretty consistently on AAMCs 6-10. I think I improved those 2-3 points early on (probably about 3 weeks before test date) by working on timing and identifying particular question types I had issues with. For all the remaining AAMCs I tried to pull up my score 1 more point but I couldn't/didn't and guess I "peaked" for VR!

So in my opinion it is VERY hard to improve VR in such a short time frame, UNLESS you are having timing issues [which can be fixed by reading faster, picking answers in shorter amounts of time] or you are making errors on questions relatively easy to fix [for example I would not check details in the passage often enough, doing so more often helped].

You say PS is a problem area, that's an easy section to gain points in. I think content-wise it is more predictable than say BS if you know concepts, relationships between equations and what they mean/why they are used. If not doing so already, knowing how to do calculations and scientific notation quickly can score you more points.

Also take more AAMCs (as many as you can, reasonably without burnout) in the remaining 2 weeks. With only one AAMC exam it is hard to really assess your weak spots and strengths in my opinion.