MisterMo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2005
Status
So, I interviewed very late at Cincy and was recently put on hold. Compared to the other waitlist letters I've gotten though, Cincy's sounded very promising. Two lines in particular from the letter raised my hopes the most: "The Committee has reviewed your application and is impressed with your credentials" and "...the Committee remains very interested in your application." Undoubtedly I am probably reading far too much into it, but the way it was written sounds like they really are interested in me. I was wondering then if this is the standard waitlist/hold letter from Cincy. Did everyone else receive these same encouraging words? Or am I special? ;)

FloridaMadame

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2005
Status
MisterMo said:
So, I interviewed very late at Cincy and was recently put on hold. Compared to the other waitlist letters I've gotten though, Cincy's sounded very promising. Two lines in particular from the letter raised my hopes the most: "The Committee has reviewed your application and is impressed with your credentials" and "...the Committee remains very interested in your application." Undoubtedly I am probably reading far too much into it, but the way it was written sounds like they really are interested in me. I was wondering then if this is the standard waitlist/hold letter from Cincy. Did everyone else receive these same encouraging words? Or am I special? ;)
Of course you're special. Aren't we all? Show Cincy how really special you are and write them a wonderful letter of interest (or intent). Don't just sit there doing nothing, basking in your specialness. They need to know what they will be missing if they don't take you off the waitlist. Get moving!

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hey MisterMo, I've said this before but I'll say it again:

I interviewed mid-Feb. At the time, UC has accepted around 230 applicants for a class of 160. The Dean said she will give out straight-up acceptances until she has accepted 260 applicants. Once she hits that number, everyone goes straight to the "on hold" category.

The applicants in the "on hold" category are re-evaluated in May. If your application passes this evaluation, you're put on the alternate list. If not, you are rejected. The alternate list is un-ranked (UC claims).

If last year is any indication of what would happen this year, here is your (and probably my) chance of being accepted:

Last year, UC accepted 387 applicants to fill a class of 161. As I have mentioned, UC has likely accepted 260 applicant as of today. That means, around 120 people will get off the alternate list.

Also, 634 applicants interviewed last year. From that number, you can calculate how many applicants are in the "on hold" category.

good luck. I should hear from UC in the next several weeks. I will let you know if I can suck more inside info from the admissions office.

MisterMo said: