What to prepare before PharmCAS opens

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmalang

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I just wanted to get your input on everything I need to compile or do before PharmCAS opens. Is there anything you would have done differently?

I don't want to wait until the last minute for anything. I know to prepare my Personal statement and gather LORs. I contacted PharmCAS and learned that I can not send for transcripts until I have created an account in June. I've already registered for the PCAT as well. Any advice or input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all! I just wanted to get your input on everything I need to compile or do before PharmCAS opens. Is there anything you would have done differently?

I don't want to wait until the last minute for anything. I know to prepare my Personal statement and gather LORs. I contacted PharmCAS and learned that I can not send for transcripts until I have created an account in June. I've already registered for the PCAT as well. Any advice or input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

Pretty much you have gotten everything down. Just check your unofficial transcripts to see if there isn't any problem (like grades).

I'm wondering when PharmCAS will reopen?

The site said early of June, just like last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Generate your list of extracurricular activites, etc. Keep in mind that there is only about 25 or so characters allowed to describe each one. Also note that the personal statement max is 4500 characters. This is about a page and a third.

You can start on your secondaries to speed up your application process.

Keep track of pharmacy schools who may not utilize PharmCAS as their application service and be aware of their specific needs and deadlines.

Just wondering..can we submit our application in like, say end of June, and then add additional letters of recommendations after? I was thinking about submitting it in June. But I don't have a letter from a pharmacist yet and probably if I do get one, I won't be able to get one until August/September.. Can I just add it on after submission?

Thank you!

Just wondering..can we submit our application in like, say end of June, and then add additional letters of recommendations after? I was thinking about submitting it in June. But I don't have a letter from a pharmacist yet and probably if I do get one, I won't be able to get one until August/September.. Can I just add it on after submission?

Thank you!

Others will be able to give you a more accurate answer. However, from what I've read, PharmCAS doesn't send out the first round of applications until August so I don't think it would give you a huge advantage if you submit in June (is this correct?). I also do not believe you can add LORs later.

Others will be able to give you a more accurate answer. However, from what I've read, PharmCAS doesn't send out the first round of applications until August so I don't think it would give you a huge advantage if you submit in June (is this correct?). I also do not believe you can add LORs later.

I also read PharmCAS sends them out in August

Thank you!

It takes about 5 weeks for PharmCas to process your entire application.... verifying your transcript(s) takes the longest. Therefore, if you submit in June, PharmCas won't send out your application until August, as the others have said.

Once you submit your application, its pretty much FINAL. The only things you can change are 1. your grades if you will take classes in the Fall after you have already submitted the application. 2. Adding additional schools to which you would like your application sent. As far as I can tell (based on reading the PharmCas info and FAQ, you cannot add additional LORs as your application will be considered "closed" after submission. Hope this helps!