• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

What to put in a LOI?

About the Ads

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
    Definitely:

1. Your "Strong interest" in the school, even saying "I'll withdraw from all other medical schools if accepted to xxx" if you mean it

2. THings you like about the school, in terms of curriculum, teaching mission/philosophics, strength in certain research/clinical areas, location, etc.

3. Updates about your grades, awards, publications, activities (Include only those that will be significant. If you get a 2.0 GPA for this school year, I wouldn't include it unless the school asks you to ;))

irie

royale with cheese
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Aug 21, 2003
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      Be honest. And by "honest" i mean tell them that the only reason you are sending a LOI is to keep up with the other 40,000 applicants that sent LOIs.

Not unlike extra credit, if everyone completes a LOI it just becomes another requirement.

cather

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Jul 13, 2002
        Maybe at the end of the first paragraph, write something like this:
        After completing all of my interviews, I believe I am a perfect fit for this school and it is my top choice.

Note that you have completed the interview process because that will show that you are done looking at other schools.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.