What to say when they ask you "why you over ever other 3.x?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SusGob711

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious...I don't think answering 'because I'm totally b.a. and everyone else applying here are total tools" will suffice, lol.

EDIT: If an interviewer asks "why should we accept you over applicants with the exact same statistics?" Sorry I didn't want to try and squeeze in a huge title. Anyways, I'm not sure how to answer sufficiently without sounding arrogant.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Maybe I am turning dyslexic, but I had a hard time reading your title and post smoothly. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't know how you say put what did you

I get what you're saying... but I had to read your title and post about 4 times before it started making sense.

This is one of the most incoherent things I've ever read, and a large part of my psychology research involves analyzing essays written by people in juvenille detention centers.

Maybe I am turning dyslexic, but I had a hard time reading your title and post smoothly. :(

What do these sentences mean?

This is one of the most incoherent things I've ever read, and a large part of my psychology research involves analyzing essays written by people in juvenille detention centers.

Are you guys just being rude, or seriously that bad at reading? There's nothing wrong with the OP.

Anyway, if someone seriously asked me this question, I'd say:

"There are a lot of people who will make good doctors, I am one of them because xxxx xxxx xxxx and xxxx."

Are you guys just being rude, or seriously that bad at reading? There's nothing wrong with the OP.

Anyway, if someone seriously asked me this question, I'd say:

"There are a lot of people who will make good doctors, I am one of them because xxxx xxxx xxxx and xxxx."

He dropped the Y from EVERY.
And I don't know what 3.x means.

he's asking, why are you better than every other applicant with a 3.X GPA?

I think the OP is asking, "How do you respond to the question, 'why are you better than the other applicants who also have high GPA's?'"

He says, with sarcasm, that replying, "I'm bad ass and the other applicants are fools" probably isn't good enough.

At least, that's what I got from it:D

I understand it now, and it's honestly not all that bad. I was not joking though. Something about that missing 'y' and dangling pronoun really threw me off.

I think the OP is asking, "How do you respond to the question, 'why are you better than the other applicants who also have high GPA's?'"

He says, with sarcasm, that replying, "I'm bad ass and the other applicants are fools" probably isn't good enough.

I see you are utilizing such technologies as:
decoder.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
The title of this thread along with some of the replies from confused sdn folks had me rolling. Thanks for the laugh OP...really needed it:D:D:D

Just curious...I don't think answering 'because I'm totally b.a. and everyone else applying here are total tools" will suffice, lol.

EDIT: If an interviewer asks "why should we accept you over applicants with the exact same statistics?" Sorry I didn't want to try and squeeze in a huge title. Anyways, I'm not sure how to answer sufficiently without sounding arrogant.

Well as much as it would be fun to say I'm a badass. Personally I'd be rather condescending and say that if i'm being interviewed then I'm already likely better then more then enough people.

Another way to interpret it might be, what makes you unique? What can you bring to our class?

Basically, it's a, "What makes you unique?" question. Talk about a special EC, your compassion, or a hobby that most "normal" people don't do.

Now I may not be the worst or the best
But you gotta respect my honesty
And I may break your heart
But I don't really think there's anybody as bomb as me..

Now I may not be the worst or the best
But you gotta respect my honesty
And I may break your heart
But I don't really think there's anybody as bomb as me..

I wanna be the very best
Like noone ever was
To cure them is my real test
To treat them is my cause
I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Tach premeds to understand
The power that's inside

At least, that's what I got from it:D

I believe he said tools. Not quite the same :laugh:

I wanna be the very best
Like noone ever was
To cure them is my real test
To treat them is my cause
I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Tach premeds to understand
The power that's inside

our courage will pull us through
you teach me and i'll teach you

You tell them how your life got flipped-turned upside down and you'd like to take a minute and sit right there and tell him how you became the prince of a town called Bel Air...

I actually had to read the title about 4x too...
I think a better way to phrase it is: why should we accept you over someone with a GPA of 4.0

Tell your interviewer "I'm so fly, I got a 3.X gpa it's reason enough to accept me." If he doesn't go for that, take a twenty out of your jacket and place it on his desk. Then stare at him.

Tell your interviewer "I'm so fly, I got a 3.X gpa it's reason enough to accept me." If he doesn't go for that, take a twenty out of your jacket and place it on his desk. Then stare at him.
:laugh:

i just thought of how that would play out irl. the adcom would probably think you were propositioning him. you'd slap the money down. stare. say, "think about it. i'll be in the other room. let me know when you're ready."

he'd be all :eek:whaaaaa

edit: i thought i dyslexic was when reading post there up.

You tell them how your life got flipped-turned upside down and you'd like to take a minute and sit right there and tell him how you became the prince of a town called Bel Air...

LOL, needed a good laugh after my night class!

If I were the OP, I'd talk about my baller spelling and grammar. You know, my ability to type coherent sentences and ask questions that make sense. I'd seal the deal with my skill in proofreading and editing, then just sit back and let the acceptances stack up. ;)

If I were the OP, I'd talk about my baller spelling and grammar. You know, my ability to type coherent sentences and ask questions that make sense. I'd seal the deal with my skill in proofreading and editing, then just sit back and let the acceptances stack up. ;)

I lol'ed.

or a .22

since better I ever applicants than done 3.x have extracurriculars I desire my demonstrate doctor be to.

WTH are you talking about?