what to take on your interview day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patience222

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what you guys take or took the day your had your interview? resume, professional certificates...what else? please give me feedbacks

Members don't see this ad.

A small pad of paper and pen is all I ever take with me. Usually I have a question or two written down on the pad so that I don't forget to ask it before the end of the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've had three interviews and have only needed a small pad of paper and a pen/pencil (and my chapstick because I'm addicted). I also wrote out a few questions so I wouldn't forget to ask. Two out of three schools gave me a nice folder with brochures in them so I shoved my paper in it. They also had water and snacks available. There have been people at my interviews with luggage or backpacks and I really don't think anyone looked down on them as a result. Sometimes you've just got to bring that stuff in order to get to your flight on time! ( I know you didn't ask, but others have asked in the past.)

towelieyu2.jpg

Don't forget to bring a towel!

can anyone give me advice on good questions to ask? I don't want to have nothing to ask when it's my turn.

Also, I have my first interview next week. Any tips on what I should look over and what questions I should really focus on? From personal experiences, any info would be greatly appreciated.

can anyone give me advice on good questions to ask? I don't want to have nothing to ask when it's my turn.

Also, I have my first interview next week. Any tips on what I should look over and what questions I should really focus on? From personal experiences, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Can not believe i even bother answering, because my interviews do not go well....YET let me start, maybe someone else will help you more!:laugh:

BUT THERE ARE THREADS ON THIS WEB SITE THAT WOULD ANSWER YOU QUESTION BETTER THAN I WOULD.

There is no such thing as "good question to ask".

1st: you need to ask questions that you actually need answers too. For example, do not ask a student what classes 1st year students take - it is on the web site. Depending on the school and situation, I GUESS, I THINK, you can ask about the clubs/community service organizations that students (or your interviewer) are involved in. It was just something I personally was interested in... Ask about some statistics (how many students go for residency, for example). Just make sure you ask something that s actually worth answering.:cool::cool::cool:

2nd: If your faculty member interviewer mentioned his/her research (and you listened and understood) - you can ask more in-depth questions. Obviously, make sure you know what you are asking!!!:laugh::laugh: That is why it is helpful to look over FACULTY pages before interview. That would prepare you!

3rd: Ask your "health care advisor" (or whatever the person who deals with grad school applications is called at your school)!!!!!:rolleyes:

That is all I know. Have some simple questions ready, of coarse. MAke it a conversation (or try to, it is hard when you are scared and nervous).

Good luck:luck::luck::luck:

smile like miss america:D