What to wear for internship interview?

Exalya

10+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
  1. Pre-Medical
    Interviews are starting soon for an internship at a hospital that I'm hoping to get (88 clinical-experience hours packed into a month). I'm not sure what would be appropriate to wear, though. Very formal? Less formal? Do I dare ask...? Both undergrads and high school students are applying.

Thanks for any help >.>

Oh, yeah. I'm female. :p

futuredrcrawfor

10+ Year Member
    Dec 17, 2006
    1. Pre-Medical
      I wore a skirt with a nice s/s sweater to mine... nothing like a suit for med school but along the same lines as what I would wear to church on Sunday.

for a guy I would recommend slacks and a oxford with a tie.

BrainBuff

10+ Year Member
      Oct 2, 2007
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        Suits, suits, suits!! Men or women! You can not go wrong with that. No need to get too "creative", people.

Interviewing for residency is just like interviewing for any professional job. A guy should never wear a tie without a jacket to a job interview unless he is applying for a position at the local Supermarket store.

About the Ads

Exalya

10+ Year Member
        Dec 21, 2007
        Dallas, TX
        1. Pre-Medical
          Well... it's not for residency or anything. It's the equivalent of a hospital volunteer position. I mean, if it was an interview for med school or residency it would be no question. That's not what I'm talking about.

sunny1

10+ Year Member
          Jan 13, 2007
          1. Pre-Medical
            Well... it's not for residency or anything. It's the equivalent of a hospital volunteer position. I mean, if it was an interview for med school or residency it would be no question. That's not what I'm talking about.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with a suit.

If you really don't want to do that, wear a slim, knee-length skirt with a professional long sleeve button-down shirt, hose, and low heels or nice flats. So basically a skirt suit without the jacket.

But really, what does it hurt to just wear the jacket with it? :)

EpiPEN

Aegis of Immortality
            10+ Year Member
            Mar 13, 2008
            La Jolla
            1. Medical Student
              Well it's hard to say what you should wear without knowing your three sizes... j/k!:D

But I think for a position like this, a full (female)suit is too much. Maybe not the jacket and just the shirt?

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.