What to wear to 2nd Look Weekend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedAdAG

I am so smart. S-M-R-T :)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Davis is having their Second Look weekend and it has a major agenda circled around being at the medical center and on campus. What should we wear for this? I feel like it's formal for some reason, but on the other hand, it's not an interview. Any suggestions? I don't want to show up in "work" attire and everyone else be in suits, or visa versa.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Vandy was "business casual"

Best way to find out is to email/call them and ask. I guess quite a few people asked about UNC's and then the admissions office emailed everyone with guidelines.

Just wear baggy shorts and a t-shirt (guy) or cut-off jeans (girl)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wear whatever you want as long as its not offensive or tacky (I know that's subjective). Other than that use common sense. For example, dress business casual for a luncheon with the dean. The pressure is really on them though to impress you.

Thong. Choice between red or black.

Daisy Dukes coupled with a thong is good for women. Baggy jeans with gang colored bandana hanging from back pocket and wife beater acceptable for guys. Make sure to couple this with slinging around ghetto phrases and listening to Nelly's tip drill throughout the day. Luck!

Naked except for a closed helmet from the middle ages with a Viking Sword in one hand and a torch in the other.

Medikit said:
Naked except for a closed helmet from the middle ages with a Viking Sword in one hand and a torch in the other.

and a merkin.

Ok! Hardy har har... now for real!! Bus. Casual is cool?

wait. seriously? we can't just wear jeans? i have to repack...

Focus on what not to wear. Reveal your assets. Try and seduce the adcom people. Women today have no idea how to use what nature has given them to their advantage!

i'd email terri, but i'm assuming it's business casual. no jeans or sneakers. you'll be roaming around the hospital with docs so i'd try to mimic the clothes that they're wearing i.e. slacks, blouses, dress shirts. i work in a clinic and when i'm not wearing scrubs i wear dress up to be respectful to the patients.

wxl31 said:
i'd email terri, but i'm assuming it's business casual. no jeans or sneakers. you'll be roaming around the hospital with docs so i'd try to mimic the clothes that they're wearing i.e. slacks, blouses, dress shirts. i work in a clinic and when i'm not wearing scrubs i wear dress up to be respectful to the patients.

Yea I actually work down the hall from where we are meeting that afternoon, so I guess I'll just come to work , spiff it up a bit, but it can't be too different from what I wear on a daily basis.

Terri said, "The attire is casual"

Last year, I showed up in a casual printed button-up shirt and khakis. Others were dressed similarly, although I recall a good number of people in jeans and fleeces. No one was in suits but the deans, and no one really paid any attention. Some 3rd years showed up in scrubs b/c they took a break from whatever they were doing in the hospital to come answer our questions.

Have fun and just try to meet each other. It's a really laid-back kind of day.

And if you're coming in from out of town, try to stay long enough to get a look at the clinics (if they're doing that this year).