1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

what to wear?????

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by rambo2006, Nov 19, 2005.

1. rambo2006

rambo2006 Be a DDS or die trying
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hey every1, is it ok wear a 2 piece suit or is that too formal? I'm very comfortable doing that but I dont want to over do it while everyone else is dressing casual and by casual I realize that it means no jeans, shorts, open toe shoes, teeshirts.

thank everyone

see ya in dental school.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Gargamel

Gargamel Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    For interviews a suite is totally appropriate. A tux would probably be out of place, and I think three piece suites are somewhat out of style (however I think their pretty cool). Look as professional as possible!

But what the hell do I know. Look at my avatar I wear red shoes and a black fricking frock. I find it slimmingÂ…

4. JessicaSimpson

JessicaSimpson Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Did the interview invite say to wear something casual? Unless it did, I would go with the suit. Almost everyone wears a dark suit.

5. rambo2006

rambo2006 Be a DDS or die trying
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I was told that I should dress professionally and that I should not wear open toe shoes because of OSHA requirements and that I shouldnt wear jeans, or shorts.

I think ur all right, I will go for a 3 button 2 piece dark suit.

thanks 4 ur input :)

see it in dental school. :thumbup:

6. darius99

darius99 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    just go in full dental gear: smock, gloves, mask, etc... show them how ready u are :p

7. litlmisa

litlmisa Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Also I have mixed feeling on going 'flashy' or not-i think if you want to stand out a little go with a lighter grey instead of dark grey or black. and a nice *well pressed* shirt,(I like pale blue w/ light grey flannel suits) with a simple tie. I don't think it is a good time to experiment with a flashly tie.

Also make sure your shoes match the style of your suit- on an interview one of the guys had on a very nice suit, but then ruined the look by wearing doc martin shoes with the big luggy soles. that's just my opinion, but do what feels right for you-that way you won't be concentrating on you outfit, you will be more focused on your interview.

Good luck!