1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

what to wear?????

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by rambo2006, Nov 19, 2005.

1. rambo2006

rambo2006 Be a DDS or die trying
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hey every1, is it ok wear a 2 piece suit or is that too formal? I'm very comfortable doing that but I dont want to over do it while everyone else is dressing casual and by casual I realize that it means no jeans, shorts, open toe shoes, teeshirts.

thank everyone

see ya in dental school.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Gargamel

Gargamel Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    For interviews a suite is totally appropriate. A tux would probably be out of place, and I think three piece suites are somewhat out of style (however I think their pretty cool). Look as professional as possible!

But what the hell do I know. Look at my avatar I wear red shoes and a black fricking frock. I find it slimmingÂ…

4. JessicaSimpson

JessicaSimpson Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Did the interview invite say to wear something casual? Unless it did, I would go with the suit. Almost everyone wears a dark suit.

5. rambo2006

rambo2006 Be a DDS or die trying
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I was told that I should dress professionally and that I should not wear open toe shoes because of OSHA requirements and that I shouldnt wear jeans, or shorts.

I think ur all right, I will go for a 3 button 2 piece dark suit.

thanks 4 ur input :)

see it in dental school. :thumbup:

6. darius99

darius99 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    just go in full dental gear: smock, gloves, mask, etc... show them how ready u are :p

7. litlmisa

litlmisa Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Also I have mixed feeling on going 'flashy' or not-i think if you want to stand out a little go with a lighter grey instead of dark grey or black. and a nice *well pressed* shirt,(I like pale blue w/ light grey flannel suits) with a simple tie. I don't think it is a good time to experiment with a flashly tie.

Also make sure your shoes match the style of your suit- on an interview one of the guys had on a very nice suit, but then ruined the look by wearing doc martin shoes with the big luggy soles. that's just my opinion, but do what feels right for you-that way you won't be concentrating on you outfit, you will be more focused on your interview.

Good luck!