What to wear?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaos

Web Crawler
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I know we've been over this plenty of times, but the thing is, most of the responses are geared toward the gentlemen. What about the ladies? For example, which colors are preferrred? Slacks or skirt? Input will be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm assuming you're asking what to wear to interviews. Wear whatever you're comfortable in that looks professional. I wore a black pants suit with a red blouse. I never saw anyone else wearing red, but it didn't seem to hurt me. The most important thing is to wear comfortable shoes!

do a search - there was a distrubingly large post about this a couple months ago - and yes it was womens clothing

Members don't see this ad :)
For some reason I don't know..in many of the post people told women not to wear pants? Why is this?? No problem for me, just wondering?:confused:

Originally posted by exigente chica
For some reason I don't know..in many of the post people told women not to wear pants? Why is this?? No problem for me, just wondering?:confused:

Yeah, I heard that too. I think it's a power thing. Conservatively, women should be in skirts, men in pants.

i would also be in favor of you coming to an interview without pants. that would be rad.

p

Originally posted by poloace
i would also be in favor of you coming to an interview without pants. that would be rad.

p

LMAO You're really nuts. :laugh: :laugh:

That's really not cool, what about that -20*:mad:
Well, good thing I look better in skirts, pants suit swallow me whole..yuck:(

I did a lot of interviewing in the dead of winter, and was glad to be in pants.

Why are pants considered less conservative when they actually cover more??? +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

If my memory serves me right, most women wore pants on their interviews. I don't recall many wearing skirts except at UF for some reason. At all the other schools, most wore pants....

I'm with the other poster....whatever you feel more comfortable with....If you feel better naked, and you have a good body, then go for it...you might get laid---- another way to impress the adcom......ok....J/K....