What to Wear

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrJosh9788

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at Yale-NH hospital for volunteering, should I dress casually or formally? What do you suggest I wear?

Members don't see this ad.

Khaki pants, button up shirt should cover it...

When I volunteered there I stuck with business casual: no jeans, no t-shirts, no sneakers. I don't think you have to be overly formal for your volunteer interview; the people who work there are really nice and down-to-earth. I think my interview took about 10 minutes total. Just don't look like a slob.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I volunteered there I stuck with business casual: no jeans, no t-shirts, no sneakers. I don't think you have to be overly formal for your volunteer interview; the people who work there are really nice and down-to-earth. I think my interview took about 10 minutes total. Just don't look like a slob.

what was the interview like??

what was the interview like??

It was really low-key. I had volunteered pretty extensively in another hospital before Y-NH, and she asked me about that, and why I wanted to volunteer at Y-NH. She made sure I had all my shots (for some reason that makes me sound like a dog) and we talked a bit about how to work the schedule around my classwork. I wouldn't worry about it; it's more a formality to make sure you're not a psychopath. I mean hey, you're donating your time! They need volunteers!