What topics should letter writers (dentist and professors) focus on in LORs?

Dec 10, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hello everyone,
What are some points I should ask the dentist I worked for for 3-4 years to put emphasis on in the LOR?
What are points my professors should focus on?
Also, I am planning to use interfolio for these letter and wondering if I need to pay right away for it or only when I actually want to send my letters to AADSAS?
Any advice appreciated. Thank you!

amaze

2+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2018
What are points my professors should focus on?
For professors, they should comment on your ability to do well in the classroom academically (fast learner, positive disposition despite hard coursework to show you can manage stress, proactive in asking questions). Also, they should use comparisons to other students they have taught as much as possible - I.e. that you are “the best student,” “in the top x% of the class” - because this allows admissions to clearly see how excellent you are.

Also, I am planning to use interfolio for these letter and wondering if I need to pay right away for it or only when I actually want to send my letters to AADSAS?
You can collect letters for free on interfolio and only pay for the Dossier Deliver service which lasts for a year ($48/year) to actually send your letters to AADSAS. From my experience, delivery takes about an hour (even though they said 1-3 days).

About the Ads

ESPN907

2+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Let them write them, if they ask you for something specific give it to them, otherwise trust that you’ve put in the hard work and proven worthy

doc toothache

15+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
It is hard to imagine a prof/dentist who needs help with what should be addressed in an lor.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.