what type of majors are recommended to get into SCCO??

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karoline637

karoline637
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone that is at SCCO right now, can you please help me out??
I'm curious to know whether a science major like Bio is more favored by SCCO in the acceptance stage or if any other degree (ie: psych, geography...get my drift?) is acceptable? See, i've asked them and they said any Bachelor degree that is from a Regionally Accredited college/univ. is accepted. But the real question is, if I let's say I end up with a degree, non-science related and additionally have met their course requirements, is there still a good chance for me to get in??

Thanks a bunch!!

Members don't see this ad.

actually schools generally like students who have a degree in a non-science and also take their pre-reqs.. it shows them you're more well rounded :)

Members don't see this ad :)
My sister went to SCCO (class of 2003). She was a psychology major at UCLA. Hope that answers your question.

i really don't think opt schools have a preference as long as you do well in your pre req courses, show strong interest in optometry, get good experiences in the field, do some sort of extra curricular activity.. i think you will have a good chance for an invitation to an interview. the interview basically counts at 50% of your admission. so the interview either gets you in or not. btw, i was a psychobiology major from ucla and was admitted to scco (class of 2008).

thanks everyone for your input! i think i'm still going to major in bio but just recently i started questioning the fact that whether it's "ok" to go with a non-science field...

thanks!! :)