what was harder? step i or qbank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bulldog

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
based on your typical feeling after doing qbank and comparing it to step i, what would u say is harder?

Members don't see this ad.

bulldog said:
based on your typical feeling after doing qbank and comparing it to step i, what would u say is harder?

btw, are the difficulty of questions adjusted by the test taker's abilities or do all test takers in a particular "group" get the same set of questions (assuming there's dozens of possible "groups").

Qbank isn't easy...but that's more a function that you're quizzing your ignorance most of the time you're studying. Qbank also seemed to test more minutae, rather than in-depth understanding of more important topics.

xaelia said:
Qbank isn't easy...but that's more a function that you're quizzing your ignorance most of the time you're studying. Qbank also seemed to test more minutae, rather than in-depth understanding of more important topics.

if qbank tests minutia, and the real deal tests in depth understanding, where does FA fall into place?

Qbank is much easier if you've already done a question that is similar to the one you would normally consider difficult. It seems like they only ask about 200 different topics in Qbank. They just ask the same question(s) in 10 different manners. By the fifth way you see it, it's definitely easier to find the answer. By the end of Qbank, I could skim the stem, find a buzzword, and immediately go to the answer choices with 100% confidence that I was correct. I did this on the Step 1 and found that some of their buzzwords were actually distractors. I hope that some people did not just find the buzzword, go to the choices, and select the familiar phrase.