What was the single best DAT study material for YOU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gucci

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: What were the best DAT study materials for YOU? (you can vote for multiple ones now)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I see Chad's Videos and DAT Destroyer seem to have been very useful, if these + DAT Math Destroyer + Feralis Notes were my only study resources would that be fine?

No, you should get dat bootcamp or dat genius (or ideally both) to have actual practice tests for the DAT. DAT genius and bootcamp also have PAT tests, which none of your mentioned resources has. Chad's videos has quizzes, but they're not practice DATs, and DAT destroyer is just a bunch of questions (again, useful for learning but not practice tests, and doesn't have PAT).

Is DAT bootcamp just practice tests or does it teach you as well?
How much is it?
What are some study materials I could use for reading comprehension and PAT?

DAT Genius has better bio and pat explanations, DAT Bootcamp has better organic explanations. Both teach you in all of their solutions, but they have different strengths. I'd say get both dat genius and dat bootcamp over getting destroyer, personally

Is DAT Bootcamp sufficient studying material for PAT or is Crack the DAT PAT also necessary?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Call me crazy, but my Kaplan live online course was really useful. I think it depends on your instructor though, if you get a dud it wouldn't be good.
Gucci, if you're most concerned for PAT just watch youtube videos to learn the basic strategies. DAT bootcamp has youtube videos for most of the PAT sections introducing them, and you can find other youtube videos for the remaining pat sections - ie. I wouldn't waste my money on crack dat. dat genius and dat bootcamp can then be used for practice tests even as you're learning because they have explanations that further teach you the strategies. Good luck.

@centron If it actually helps your PAT as much as some people say it does I don't mind the money, I'm just trying to figure out if it is as great as everyone says

1. Chad's Videos
2. DAT Destroyer
3. DAT Bootcamp

In that order... I didn't use Feralis notes, but I've heard that they're great, and would have if I retook the exam. Can't believe 8 people voted for Cliff's lol.

My materials are probably going to be
1)Chad's Videos (chem, orgo, QR)
2)DAT Destroyer (chem, orgo, bio)
3)Math Destroyer (QR)
4)DAT Bootcamp (all)
5)Feralis Notes (bio)
6)Cliffs AP Biology (bio)
?6)Crack DAT PAT? (PAT)
7)Read Scientific Articles(RC)

What do you guys think of this?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
My materials are probably going to be
1)Chad's Videos (chem, orgo, QR)
2)DAT Destroyer (chem, orgo, bio)
3)Math Destroyer (QR)
4)DAT Bootcamp (all)
5)Feralis Notes (bio)
6)Cliffs AP Biology (bio)
?6)Crack DAT PAT? (PAT)
?7)Something for RC? (RC)

What do you guys think of this?

Looks good; for RC try to read a scientific article a day for several days a week, and take the Bootcamp practice tests leading up to the exam. I took two practice tests the night before the exam and managed a 21; there's no reason why you shouldn't get a 20 or higher if you spend even a reasonable amount of time preparing for this section.

For general chemistry and organic chemistry, working out problems is more important than reviewing material (although you should review before you start working out problems). Oh yeah, and start practicing PAT problems early; I thought I could get away on this section with a few weeks of practice, and walked away with a 17. Good luck!

So it looks like I'm all set, only thing left is to buy Crack DAT PAT or not, is it worth it?

Read the following breakdowns from people who got high scores on DAT:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/the-truth-about-dat-destroyer-and-other-materials.1012510/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/12-03-2013-dat-breakdown-lots-of-detail.1044162/

One of them thinks Destroyer is a must and the other one thinks destroyer negatively impacted his/her scores. Same goes with other products. DAT has many many versions. Maybe destroyer does a better job preparing you for one version of the DAT but not so much for the other. The problem is that you don't know which version of the DAT you are going to get. So the best strategy is to get lots of practice using different materials (if you can afford it) and identify your weak areas.

Hope this helps.

Are there different versions of the DAT? And I will probably get Crack DAT PAT because I'm one of those smart but lazy kids so my test scores are my source of academic pride

Man, 100% get DAT Genius over crack dat pat, only 1 person voted for crack dat in your poll. DAT Genius is less expensive and you'll learn way more about PAT. I've used crack pat and its dated. DAT Genius is a much better product. My 2 cents

What is DAT Genius and how much is it? I assumed it was the same thing as DAT Bootcamp and I also thought that Crack DAT PAT would give me very good PAT training

they're not, datbootcamp.com is DB and datgenius.com is DG. They're different products and both are really good. DAT Genius is around $80, and their PAT explanations taught me more about how to solve pat questions than any other product. Get whatever you want, but you should check out datgenius and datbootcamp before you buy crack dat, as they are way better than crack dat.

Destroyer, Chad's, and Bootcamp. If you sit down and power through each of them and go through missed questions, an AA of 21+ should be expected.

DAT Bootcamp by far. In my opinion, it was pretty much the only reason I was able to land a 26 AA. PAT generators are amazing practice. RC practice exams are much harder than actual DAT, but prepare you so well. Also, the BIO, GC, and OC science explanations after the exams are top-notch. I only used Bootcamp to study for the DAT. It was the only source of practice exams for me.

+1 to DAT Bootcamp. The only two resources I really used for my latest attempt were DAT Bootcamp and the notes/quizes from Chad's videos.

So If I get DAT Bootcamp should I still get Crack DAT PAT? I really want to do well on the PAT

My top choice for DAT materials are Chad's videos, DAT destroyer, Math destroyer, Datbootcamp, Datqvault (just Bio and Chemistry only), and DAT's Genius RC.

Get DAT Achiever. It was the full-length software chosen by our instructors for a summer DAT prep course I attended at my university. It's super hard but is meant to prepare you for the worst. Strict rules on the PAT, no line counting on achiever's top-front-end or whatsoever just like the real thing. Some of its bio and qr questions and even a reading topic appeared on my DAT. That made a difference to help me finish and kill the DAT with time to spare on every section especially the sciences.

Get DAT Achiever. It was the full-length software chosen by our instructors for a summer DAT prep course I attended at my university. It's super hard but is meant to prepare you for the worst. Strict rules on the PAT, no line counting on achiever's top-front-end or whatsoever just like the real thing. Some of its bio and qr questions and even a reading topic appeared on my DAT. That made a difference to help me finish and kill the DAT with time to spare on every section especially the sciences.
Lol, you used Achiever 5 years ago in 2010.

My votes are Chad's videos, Ferralis notes and Destroyer for theory studying, DAT Genius and DAT Bootcamp for PAT and practice tests. Don't get Crack DAT.

Chad's videos (QR ones are great!) are the best. DAT Bootcamp was awesome too - at the very least do their free tests. Crack DAT PAT (overpriced share with a buddy if you can) but I used it exclusively for my PAT prep and got a 26. DAT destroyers were a waste of time IMO, just a bunch of ridiculously hard questions that were pretty off the mark.