What was your hardest classes in college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UOP123321

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What was your hardest classes in college? Maybe rank the top few.

It definitely varies from person to person, but do any particular classes have reputations of being notoriously hard and how did you study for them or passed them ?

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• upload_2015-4-11_16-45-36.png
    upload_2015-4-11_16-45-36.png
    95 bytes · Views: 89
Gen chem 2
Biochem

Organic chemistry is not hard be requires a lot of time to learn

Reactions: 1 users
honestly it was an exercise science class called "practicum in kinesiology"

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The two Spanish classes that my college required have been my hardest so far.

Aside from that it was my Microbiology class because the professor used a question bank that had many application questions, so the tests were things we hadn't necessarily seen before. The material wasn't hard, but the exams were.

In terms of difficulty of material in a science class, Gen Chem 1 and 2 for sure. Tough to get your brain into the Chemistry mindset at first.

1. Biochem
2. Physiology
3. Ginetics

Honestly for me, the hardest class was Gen Chem 1. The jump from high school to college just rocked me at first, but after I got acclimated everything else was relatively smooth sailing (if I put in the effort, of course).

college algebra and trig.

Reactions: 1 users
Gen Chem 1, same reason as brazilianrider. Looking back now tho, biochem.

3rd quarter of ochem. Exams consisted of 7-10 multi-step synthesis questions, with 6-9 steps and 100+ reactions that all needed to be memorized. The DAT synthesis questions were a breeze compared to my ochem tests.
1st quarter of biochem
Physics. Hated it in high school, hated it in college

Exercise Phsyiology
Biochem

Just hang in there and go to as many TA sessions as possible. They usually have a better idea about what could be on the test and they will do their best to adequately prepare you!

1. Physical Chemistry Lab I (1 credit)

2. Zoology with Lab (5 credits)

3. Human Anatomy with Lab (5 credits)

My P chem lab class is the HARDEST class in biochemistry undergraduate curriculum, I took it at summer 2014, after that semester, they changed it to a much easier course loads. WTF...

My zoology class was taught by a professor known to be tough, 200 people class, 90 + people received D or F, I am glad that I walked out with a B.

My human anatomy class involved 7 hours of cadaver lab every week, we have to do all the dissection ourselves and massive amount of material in a short period of time. My wife is in med school taking anatomy the same time I did, our material covered 90% of what they cover (some area we used model instead of cleaning it on the body due to time)

1. Physical Chemistry Lab I (1 credit)

2. Zoology with Lab (5 credits)

3. Human Anatomy with Lab (5 credits)

My P chem lab class is the HARDEST class in biochemistry undergraduate curriculum, I took it at summer 2014, after that semester, they changed it to a much easier course loads. WTF...

My zoology class was taught by a professor known to be tough, 200 people class, 90 + people received D or F, I am glad that I walked out with a B.

My human anatomy class involved 7 hours of cadaver lab every week, we have to do all the dissection ourselves and massive amount of material in a short period of time. My wife is in med school taking anatomy the same time I did, our material covered 90% of what they cover (some area we used model instead of cleaning it on the body due to time)
Geez where did you attend college? Your anatomy lab seems a little overkill for undergrad!

PChem 2 (quantum)

Never want to see that ish again

Members don't see this ad :)
Communications 1210

Geez where did you attend college? Your anatomy lab seems a little overkill for undergrad!
University of Oklahoma,

I think my tuition were well spent.

Biochem (Loads of material)
Pchem 2 (I don't know what's going on 90% of the time.)

Gen Chem 2..... my professor was rude and condescending. so when he used the wrong form of a word i corrected him in front of the entire class. no regrets but dang the rest of that semester sucked! haha

Bio 1 and 2 and Gen chem 1. Then I figured out how to study

Its really professor dependent, Biochem can be hard... same with Neuro or Immuno.

biology 101 damn who ever thought biology would be a weed out class

Organic 2 killed me, I barely made it out with a passing grade.

My senior year, I took all graduate level sciences in the bio department, pulled A's on most of them. Sad that graduate level bio classes were easier for me than orgo.