what weighs more? GPA or MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GatorWell

?

Members don't see this ad.

You will find all the answers to your questions on this website. Hope this helps. :)
<a href="http://www.medicalgold.com/premed/PMP.html" target="_blank">http://www.medicalgold.com/premed/PMP.html</a>

hard to say really as none of us are on admissions committees. each school does things a little bit differently. for some, it might depend on the school you go to or if they for some reason have doubts about your abilities.

if you go to a reputable school without grade inflation, they might overlook a weakish mcat score.

if you go to a questionable school or one known for grade inflation, they will probably want to see good mcat scores.

if they have doubts about your ability to do well in science courses, mcats will probably weigh heavily.

Members don't see this ad :)
MCAT.. My friend( white female located in FL) had a 3.9 and a 24 MCAT and worked at a pediatrician office for 3 yrs and got zero acceptances, she did get 3 interviews through.

MCAT.. My friend( white female located in FL) had a 3.9 and a 24 MCAT and worked at a pediatrician office for 3 yrs and got zero acceptances, she did get 3 interviews through.

My friend was mentored by an ADCOM where he got into medical school. Apparently the ADCOM said each MCAT section was weighted about equal to the GPA. So, MCAT=3xGPA.

I don't know if it was true. I know the values of GPA and MCAT are plugged into an equation though.

I just realized this is a really old post the poster before me bumped it up.

Best place to contact would be Dept. of Veterans Affairs. Next best place would be your nearest military installation and go to their education center(s). Hawaii has a few. I do remember reading something about vocational training with the Post 9/11 MGIB. And if you have the Pre 9/11 MGIB you can convert to the Post, restrictions apply I believe.

who do ppl like this get onhere

There should be a warning when you post in a thread like this. "Warning, you are about to necro bump an extremely old thread. Do you wish to continue?"

Status
Not open for further replies.