Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

what weighs more? GPA or MCAT?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by GatorWell, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raptor

Raptor Found one
    7+ Year Member

You will find all the answers to your questions on this website. Hope this helps. :)
    <a href="http://www.medicalgold.com/premed/PMP.html" target="_blank">http://www.medicalgold.com/premed/PMP.html</a>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

hard to say really as none of us are on admissions committees. each school does things a little bit differently. for some, it might depend on the school you go to or if they for some reason have doubts about your abilities.

if you go to a reputable school without grade inflation, they might overlook a weakish mcat score.

if you go to a questionable school or one known for grade inflation, they will probably want to see good mcat scores.

if they have doubts about your ability to do well in science courses, mcats will probably weigh heavily.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. maybemed2013

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    MCAT.. My friend( white female located in FL) had a 3.9 and a 24 MCAT and worked at a pediatrician office for 3 yrs and got zero acceptances, she did get 3 interviews through.

4. GreenStyle

5+ Year Member

Non-Student

My friend was mentored by an ADCOM where he got into medical school. Apparently the ADCOM said each MCAT section was weighted about equal to the GPA. So, MCAT=3xGPA.

I don't know if it was true. I know the values of GPA and MCAT are plugged into an equation though.

5. maybemed2013

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I just realized this is a really old post the poster before me bumped it up.

6. GreenStyle

5+ Year Member

Non-Student

Holy crap, this is 10 years old! Holy **** :wow:

7. OwlPower22

OwlPower22 Owllpathic
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Oh really? Like the LizzyM score?

8. OwlPower22

OwlPower22 Owllpathic
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Holy crap, you're right. :eek:

9. vayntraubinator

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    who do ppl like this get onhere

10. TheWeeIceMan

TheWeeIceMan And like that... *poof*... he's gone.
    7+ Year Member

There should be a warning when you post in a thread like this. "Warning, you are about to necro bump an extremely old thread. Do you wish to continue?"

11. lobo.solo

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I second this.

12. sector9

Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Closing 10-year-dead thread necrobumped by spammer (which has since been deleted) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.