What were the answer choices like on the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chill45

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Were there a lot of A. I II and III or B. I III and IV type of questions? Or even worse, E. None of the above? Also on the math how many trig problems do you remember were on it out of the 40? Did any of you just skip a section of the PAT completely (i.e. FTE!!) to make sure you had time to do the easier problem before you came back to it for an "educated guess" (at least thats what I am running into with achiever thus far lol)?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't have a lot of A. I and III type of questions maybe 3-5 I think mostly in the RC section, but I don't really remember. I skipped the the Gchem section completely and went back and did it that way I made sure there was plenty of time to do all the math. Which their was very little of on the real test. Also in QR if I didn't no how to solve the problem or I thought it would take I while I just skipped it and tried it at the end. During practice test I wasted so much time in QR trying to figure our a problem I would end up getting wrong.

Good luck on the DAT

Thanks for the reply. Those seem to be some of the strategies I utilize as well, and seem to work out better for me on the practice tests.