What were you doing when you found out you were accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aubieRx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe I got in because I started my only application at the very last minute... when i found out i was accepted I had just finished watching "My Fair Lady" and had the song "i could have danced all night" stuck in my head (and "poor professor higgins").

Anyway, I was very happy and kind of stunned at the same time. Margarita followed very shortly.

It is a very special feeling to use your mind/heart/will power to get into a school and it is not something that everyone in the world can do. So I send my congratulations to anyone else who got into a pharmacy school this year!

Members don't see this ad.

aubieRx said:
I cannot believe I got in because I started my only application at the very last minute

aubieRx, :thumbup: I know how you feel, *coughs* LLU (the day of).

lets see, USC (sitting at the bus stop thinking the big fat package i'm holding in my hands may be a rejection ;) ), LLU (checking my email 'cuz notified via email), UCSD (leave work and walking to my physio class), UCSF (sleeping). short immediate post "celebration" included not studying. after graduation this May, the plan is to spend a romantic weekend in San Diego with my boyfriend.

I was just got home from school when I saw a big yellow envelope on my desk. I wasn't that nervous because if I was rejected, I would finish my degree and apply to med schools. I had med school as my backup plan. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and I was about to go for a 6 mile run. I walked out the door and saw the mailman pulling away from my house. I figured I take in the mail before I left, so I opened up the mailbox and was flipping through the bills, NOT EXPECTING ANYTHING, when I got to the big white envelope in the back with UF COP on it. I started to get a little worried about why they were sending me a package already, it was the end of Jan., maybe I didn't complete a form correctly or something. I opened it up when I got inside and nearly passed out. I jumped around the house like a 5 year old for a little bit while my girlfriend looked at me as if I had lost my mind. Once I read the whole thing, I HAD to go run to lower my energy level. It was a great day.

goheel said:
I was just got home from school when I saw a big yellow envelope on my desk. I wasn't that nervous because if I was rejected, I would finish my degree and apply to med schools. I had med school as my backup plan. :D
med as a backup if you don't get into pharmacy huh? that's new to me :p :thumbup:

I was at work when my husband called me. He had been checking my email and saw that I was accepted. I broke down and cried like a baby because I had been 'declined" admission a few months before that and thought I wouldn't be able to get in at all.

Talking on the phone with the admissions office.

I had just put my 4 year-old daugter and 3 year-old son to bed when the phone rang... I picked up and it was USN with the great news. I felt like I was walking on air--one of the best experiences :) Definitely a wonderful feeling.

I was eating a giant order of General Tso's chicken while watching The Price Is Right. It just happened to be when the mail came.

i was sitting on my ass watching dvds and being a bum as i've been doing since graduation. i refuse to get a job because i'm a spoiled brat. :D

to go from getting into zero schools to getting into some good programs made me feel a little unsure of myself. i read my first letter at least 10 times, refusing to believe that it was true. i then emailed the admissions counselor to check if it was a prank after which the assistant dean replied saying that it was not. :D

congrats to everyone who got in!

endlesslove said:
med as a backup if you don't get into pharmacy huh? that's new to me :p :thumbup:

Actually, that was my plan, too. The West Virginia Osteopath school in Lewisburg is WAAAAY easier to get into than WVUSoP.

It is actually more common than you think; my fiancee has a friend that was waitlisted at WVU but was given provisional at the Lake Erie Osteopath school, so she said to hell with the PharmD, hello D.O.

Last year, the average GPA for the incoming WVU allopathic school class was actually lower than the average GPA for the incoming pharmacy class.

WVUPharm2007 said:
I was eating a giant order of General Tso's chicken while watching The Price Is Right. It just happened to be when the mail came.
I don't think it gets any better than that

I was in the middle of skydiving when my cell phone rang...

:D

Just playin'. :p I was at work, on a break, and I checked my e-mail and saw my acceptance announcement there (with a big package to arrive the following week). :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i honestly don't remember at all...

it wasn't really that big of a deal to me....

now i need my acceptance letter and can't find it.... i think i threw it away....

note to others... even if its not that big of a deal.. don't throw the letter away .. put it somewhere you will know where it is.

bbmuffin said:
i honestly don't remember at all...

it wasn't really that big of a deal to me....

now i need my acceptance letter and can't find it.... i think i threw it away....

note to others... even if its not that big of a deal.. don't throw the letter away .. put it somewhere you will know where it is.
I have mine in a special folder in our file cabinet :) Safe and sound

I had just arrived home from dinner and saw a large envelope on the table. I get a lot of junk mail from school and so my reaction was like, "Geez, what the heck is this now? More friggin' junk mail?" I kind of brushed it off since I wasn't expecting to hear from their pharmacy program until about another month, but I checked the sender's address that specifically stated it was from the school of pharmacy and that's when I got all pumped up and hysterical.

That was definitely one of the best moments I've ever had. I also kept all my acceptances in a nice, safe place so that I can occasionally look at them and revive those joyous emotions.

i was on my way home after throwing out trash and i checked my mail... and i got a small envelope from UH... i got worried because it wasn't a big white packet envelope like i expected... so i was going "great, a rejection letter.." but then i saw the word CONGRATULATIONS and i broke down.. cried like a baby for 10 minutes and then had 5 mexican martinis afterwards... :D

sangl1979 said:
and i broke down.. cried like a baby for 10 minutes and then had 5 mexican martinis afterwards... :D

wow.. i wonder if I'd have the same reaction if someone was telling us me I was having a baby!

I was in the car on the way to lunch with my sister and a friend when my mom called me excitely screaming. I didnt understand a word she was saying. When she eventually calmed down, she wanted to read the entire acceptance letter to me but I just wanted to eat my lunch.. she was definitely way more excited than I was! hehe.. mom's are funny! :laugh:

I was working at Long's Drug’s trying to convince myself that $7.50 per/hr. is worth the experience, and I had this feeling that I would received something in the mail regarding school so I called home and asked my wife if I got anything in mail. She said yes, and asked if it would be okay to open it. I was nervous at first because I was afraid of rejection, but I said go for it and she read to me what seemed like an eternity before she got to the acceptance part and I almost quit my job. I decided to share the good news with everyone on my job and they were excited and the next week I got a $0.50 raise. Therefore, the moral of the story is...if you get into pharmacy school you’ll get a $0.50 raise. :D

YYEEESSS!!!!!!
BIG MONEY!!!!! :cool:

jammocah said:
when my mom called me excitely screaming. I didnt understand a word she was saying.

Did you laugh? I like it when people are so excited they can't talk properly.

Anyway, I just had a massage today (deep tissue) as a reward for getting in(i will use anything good as an excuse to reward myself and the rewarding process may go on for weeks after the good news has been recieved.). I totally recommend it...it made me want to break down and weep tears of joy.

DrugMan said:
I was working at Long's Drug’s trying to convince myself that $7.50 per/hr. is worth the experience, and I had this feeling that I would received something in the mail regarding school so I called home and asked my wife if I got anything in mail. She said yes, and asked if it would be okay to open it. I was nervous at first because I was afraid of rejection, but I said go for it and she read to me what seemed like an eternity before she got to the acceptance part and I almost quit my job. I decided to share the good news with everyone on my job and they were excited and the next week I got a $0.50 raise. Therefore, the moral of the story is...if you get into pharmacy school you’ll get a $0.50 raise. :D

YYEEESSS!!!!!!
BIG MONEY!!!!! :cool:
i didn't get a 50 cent raise!

vafcarrot said:
i didn't get a 50 cent raise!
that's because you're going to kentucky and everyone knows about them

;)

Ten days after the interview, I woke at 7:00 am and decided to call the school to check on the status. The receptionist said that it was against their policy to notify me over the phone. I then sluggishly carried myself through another monday of physiology lab and physiology lecture. After getting out of physiology lecture, I noticed that I had a new voice mail on my phone... but I didn't bother checking since I thought it would be a waste of my minute. I then came home and my mom told me that I got accepted to pharmacy school... I kept on telling her to stop joking with me. My brother then came out of his room and handed me a big envelop, and I just started crying, laughing, and jumping up and down for 30 minutes =). It is such a big relief... I could finally deep sleep at night without having nightmares about having a small envelope from any of the pharm school that I applied to!!!

I stopped by my other apartment (foolish me signed a lease and moved out 2 months later) to pick up my mail, and I saw that I had a letter from the Health Science Center (not specifically the School of Pharm.) I took it out to the car, and the ever-so-lovely WVUPharm2007 made me open it. I'm pretty sure I was freaking out, because I like to panic a lot, but calmed me down and I opened it.

It was a bill for a tuition deposit.

I thought to myself, "wtf?" We decided that if I was getting billed for a tuition deposit, I must have gotten in. I got a hug :D ...and later on, dinner. The next day at work I talked to the Dean of Student Services and the admissions councelor to confirm that I was accepted... they couldn't figure out why I got a bill before I got an acceptance. Turns out that instead of going straight to me (Both the school and I are in Morgantown), it got routed to Charleston, WV and somehow that took a week and a half to get back to Morgantown (Charleston is 2 hours away!!!) whereas the bill came straight to me. Still, it was the third best day of my life.

first off... CONGRADULATIONS!!!

:laugh: its a wonderful feeling to know you got accepted.

when I found out, I was driving home from something (don't remember what...maybe it was FIU)....my grandparents had called my cell and had told me that something of nova came in. (we were in the middle of moving so I left my address with my grandparent's house so that I would not loose anything within the move).

:laugh: they really can't read english (they speak spanish)...so I was nervous trying to help them read it to me.

With a broken down english, my grandmother read to me the words that mean I was accepted.

I started to yell and scream "yay!!" and my grandmother trying to overcome my voice "what did it say? are you in?"

As I was listening to that, I had pulled up to my driveway... I'll never forget it because I was so excited and couldn't wait to tell my parents.

I was taking a nap between classes when my mother called me and told me that someone from the pharmacy school had called there for me and left a number. I called them back and found out I was accepted!

i had just finished taking my last final for winter quarter when my mom called to tell me that i was accepted.
what a way to start my spring break!

my gf was going d... when my phone rang. It was from UGA.

I am at work, checking SDN. Had to wait 10 min before I could go back to work b/c I was scared to stick myself with a needle!! :p

I was in the basement of the library study, since i have exam coming up. my cell has no signal there. When i got out. A friend called me up and asked me about the interview. I talked to her all the way to home. When i got in, my dad ask me hang up. Then i realize i had 5 messages on my cell. Yeap, Dean of admission from USN call my cell and home phone. I am in!! Got big hugs from my parents. Yeah, they can finally kick me outta the house now :D

aubieRx said:
I cannot believe I got in because I started my only application at the very last minute... when i found out i was accepted I had just finished watching "My Fair Lady" and had the song "i could have danced all night" stuck in my head (and "poor professor higgins").

Anyway, I was very happy and kind of stunned at the same time. Margarita followed very shortly.

It is a very special feeling to use your mind/heart/will power to get into a school and it is not something that everyone in the world can do. So I send my congratulations to anyone else who got into a pharmacy school this year!

what was i doing? i just got home from work and my mom told me i had a letter from western. first thing that popped into my head was.. "must be a rejection letter". It's because during the interview they told us that we will get a call if we r accepted. And if we reject them by phone they won't have to send us any documents. But I never received any calls, so right away I thought I was rejected. But after reading the first sentence I found out I was accepted :laugh:

studyin... but i went home after that =)

I was on the toilet. I had just returned home from my volunteer position at a local home for the disabled, and saw that I had a letter from Wilkes. My impressions of it were (1) it's kind of thick, that indicates more than one sheet of paper, that's good! (2) how come they get to mail envelopes for less than $0.30? (3) I have to open this right away!

Then I realized I really had to go to the bathroom. So I multi-tasked.

oh my frickin gosh...i just found out today i got accepted into Western. My mom called (b/c i'm on vacation on the east coast) and told me I got a small envelope from Western. I told her not to open it until i got back (b/c i thought it was a rejection letter and didn't want it to ruin my trip). She said she sees a bluish paper in there so what the heck...i told her to open it. She can't speak english that well so she was trying to read the letter to me...blahblah blah...congratulations on behalf of the admissions committee you have been accepted into the doctor of pharmacy program at Western U.....I told her to read it to me slowly about 10 more times until it finally rubbed into my head that i was accepted. i was cooking korean spinach soup and i was jumping around about 100 times all over the place...the spinach soup boiled over - a little. gosh dang it - i am so frickin happy right now...i've been dreading this day...and i guess the hard work really paid off. sorry guys i needed to get this out of my system. i'm still waiting on mcphs-worcester; hopefully i'll know asap so i can turn in the nonrefundable deposit soon. :clap: :clap:

Standing in front of the gym listening to a voice mail from my mom. Heard the good news just as my friend who had been accepted earlier walked up to me. Together we jumped up and down while everyone around us stared at us.

Me: Hung out w/ friends and played some ball till the wee hours of Saturday morning (4:00 am). Went home, slept. Woke up around 3:30 PM Saturday afternoon. Made "breakfast", ate some steak. Got a big envelope. Opened it. Ran around the house screaming for about 10 minutes. Called up everybody. Went out to dinner.........................for the next 6 days straight. Currently flat broke. :(

I found out on valentine's day. i recently moved out but get all my mail sent home, which is about 40 min away from my apt. as i was getting ready for my valentine's date, my mom called me and told me a letter came in the mail for me from the college of pharmacy. I pretty much cancelled half my date to drive my ass home(not to mention through rush hour) to open an envelope to say that i had gotten accepted!

my date was kinda sad i had to cancel half our date, but i think i made it up later. :laugh:

It was on a cold dark morning in the northern Siberian front. I still distinctly remember the sharp brisk winds that pierced my flesh as I raced acrossed the bleak frontier. Armed with only a magnum with a single bullet, my mission was to kill the enemy or be killed. At about 6:15 in the morning i came face to face with the enemy: the elusive siberian wolverine. Its eyes were fixed upon it's next victim as it began to snarl at me with its blood dripped fangs. We stood staring at each other knowing very well that at that moment, things would be changed forever. Suddenly the enemy jumped for an attack, I veered out of harms way and with my magnum cocked and aimed directly for the enemy's eyes I was ready to fulfil my long 7 year journey when suddenly out of the foggy distant blue, the mailman came to deliever me a single msg. I got accepted. Overjoyed and elated, I made peace with the siberian wolverine and later that night we went out for drinks and bowling. It was the best single day of my life.

hmmmmmm what have you been drinking superfly I think I might need a bottle of it.