What were your initial feelings right after writing the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

c_97

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just finished writing the canadian DAT yesterday morning. The materials I used for biology included Cliff's AP Bio (3rd edition) + DAT Destroyer for Bio, Chad's videos and Kaplan Blue Book (8th ediiton) for Chem, and Crack DAT PAT for PAT. I felt like I studied for a good and reasonable amount of time (2-3 months ish). After the test I felt pretty crappy after each section.. not horrible but not the greatest. Each section seemed so rushed to me (especially the PAT) so I had to quickly fill in some guesses the last five minutes. Were your initial feelings after writing similiar to this? Did you turn out doing okay? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I used the same resources as you, and I felt like I did very bad with time management. Especially for the reading comp. All over SDN i kept reading how the BC reading comp was harder than the real DAT. But I felt like the RC for my DAT yesterday was very difficult, or maybe I just didnt study that section well enough. Either way, I think I am going to re-write it in Nov :<

Members don't see this ad :)
I used the same resources as you, and I felt like I did very bad with time management. Especially for the reading comp. All over SDN i kept reading how the BC reading comp was harder than the real DAT. But I felt like the RC for my DAT yesterday was very difficult, or maybe I just didnt study that section well enough. Either way, I think I am going to re-write it in Nov :<
okay i kinda feel the same! i actually didnt find the RC bad (but I could have very well bombed it). I found the PAT the worst. Hopefully we both did good and we are just second guessing things! My friends who took it also kinda felt the same and guessed on a lot, yet still did well! I wrote in Saskatoon. I might have to rewrite in November again but fingers crossed I dont!

Just a head up uoft changed the weighting formula for admissions it’s
either 33/33/33 for gpa/dat/interview or 25/25/50

I’ve heard that the Canadian DAT takes off about 15 questions every year totaling it only in at like 75, idk if that’s true.

Also was anyone thrown off by one of the cube counting questions?? I swear I couldn’t tell if there was a cube in the middle or not.

Reactions: 1 user