What Will USC People Do After Graduation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SynergeticSteve

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seeing that USC grads will have a bucketload of debt after we graduate, I was wondering what fields of pharmacy you are thinking of pursuing within the LA area? I know that retail is emphasized as the "higher end" of the pay scale, but are there certain areas of pharmacy more lucrative than others? Do you think you'll shift to another field of pharmacy over time? One thing I love about pharmacy is that there are so many oppportunities out there for us right now. Just to get the ball rolling, I'll start.

1. Immediately after graduating with PharmD and MBA(hopefully I get into Marshall School of Business in Nov): Retail (WAG, Rite-Aid) for 5-7 yrs while I build up some experience (working 7on/7off hopefully and using my weeks off to pursue financial/real estate investments with any extra income from pharmacy earnings)

2. Then: Move up corporate ladder from Store to District Manager (10-20yrs)

3. Finally: Open an independent pharmacy in areas not saturated by WAG/RA and live out my later, precious years running shop.

P.S. I hope people don't read into my thread thinking I'm a corporate sellout. Growing up, my father was self-employed and instilled a lot of good business values in me, and so I've always been excited and interested in the business aspect of pharmacy as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry for not being a USC pharm student, but I would think that we all eventually find a job to pay off the debt...right? Hopefully the job market will remain strong in next 4 years....and of course, it's still a 4 years challenging ahead :(

Work for a UCSF graduate.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. The SC nation seems to have a good sense of humor. I know SC says stuff like that to UCLA grads.

Microbus out