What will you be if there you cannot become a doctor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Extreme synchronized underwater basket-weaving instructor

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd be an Amish furniture maker. Using real wood!

I can't buy decent furniture (that's not particle board or MDF) in this country for under a grand.

That's because labor is worth something here. Opportunity cost and all that.

Said by Digiddy:

This isn't an interview...

Me. If I can't get in, I'm going to go to the navy/air force and become a pilot. Then after 20 years of that, become a pilot for an Air Ambulance. I've met a few of the guys that do it for our local Trauma 1, and those guys seem to really love their life.

Me:

Ofcourse fixing it could probably result in deciding that if they won't let me do it here, then I'll fly back to my relatives and go into the jungle for four years to become the Quechua Medicine Person/Shaman, and be a midwife.

I'd probably actually go back to doing massage once my back healed enough and work in physical therapy and pallatative massage again. I can't really see myself outside of some sort of health care.

A

If you do the thing you're passionate about, life will take care of itself.

Yep Morsetlis. I used to tell my mom I was going to grow up and becom a doctor and kick her boss out of his office when I was two. She recalls I said that many times, and was quick to disassmble and reassemble invisible men over and over. He's retired now, and his office no loger exists drat I have to get my own when the time comes.

There was an incident where I related gut bacteria to sea creatures at a young age. I am sure I was parroting something, but I've been fascinated by the human body since before I can remember.

So now I am going to go after what I've been passionate for since I was 2.

And as far as it not being an interview here, no it's not, but I'm jsut speaking what's true for me. I know nothing about interviews for school. I simply haven't gotten that far yet.

Bounce around at crappy little blue collar jobs to support myself, then likely get involved in something illegal.

bigshot private equity investor

I'd go for a PhD and try to find cures/do research in health.

Either that or follow through with a music career. :smuggrin:

Edit: I almost forgot, astrobiology sounds really cool. The other thing I really have an interest in is outer space. Working for NASA as a scientist, or even possibly going to space would be awesome.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'd go for a PhD and try to find cures/do research in health.

Either that or follow through with a music career. :smuggrin:
Music career would be great! Too bad I started learning guitar too late to realistically make anything of it :laugh:

yall are boring. how about astronaut, rock god, race car driver, etc?

Because those are dream jobs... given the chance right now that I would be guaranteed to be accepted as an astronaut I would hands down do it. However, the odds of that happening are so small because it is so highly competitive.

If I were to choose a realistic job (and I was single), I'd most definitely join the military and become a pilot.

Cyborg anthropology or linguistics

If that didn't work, I'd probably be a sex therapist.

HAHA... A few people told me back in high school that I'd make a fantastic sex therapist (which I found highly amusing considering that I'm staying a virgin until I get married).

Seriously though, if I weren't able to be a doctor, I'd go into bioethics (clinical ethicist or something along those lines) or criminal profiling.

Produce TV shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firefighter, but the wait list for becoming a firefighter is pretty long, so in the meantime, probably get my paramedic certification.

A person who wanted to be a doctor.

I'd run a prostitution ring out of Detroit. While being a pimp I would have my hoes dish out the drugs I concoct in the meth labs I will make out of all the abandoned houses in Detroit. Soon the gangs in the area will realize that I've made a move on their territory. I will have to proverbially pimp slap them; therefore, I will equip my prostitutes with heavy arms and involve myself in a couple drive by shootings. This will not only get my reputation up, but it will eliminate some of the competition (even as a pimp, I'm a gunner). I will then buy a new fur coat from Dittrich furs. At this point the DEA and the corrupt Detroit Police Department will want to squabble my entrepreneurship. I will pay off the crooked police officers and have them protect me. I'll try to see if I can find a way to pedal drugs out of police cars as well, this can maximize profit. I will be living the high life for a few years...

Until my plan to arm one of my main hoes backfires. She wants more of a cut, we get into a heated debate and I get violent. She then pulls out the weapon I supplied her with and pops me several times with the gat I purchased for her. After waking up from my six month comma I am immediately beaten up by some thug police officers. I go to jail for 2 years on drug charges because they found the marijuana plants in my basement when they raided my house during my comma. Lucky for me, my drug ring is thoroughly distributed throughout the ghettos of Detroit. While in jail I am paid a visit by notorious Detroit rapper "Trick Trick". "Trick Trick" and I compose a mediocre rap album about pimpin' hoes and getting money as well as standin up fo' yo hood and gettin shot. The album makes a slight profit. I make diverse investments with the decent money made off the rap album. One of my investments is in Ford's stock, which rises. This new money acquired allows me to hire a better producer and lyricist. I finally have recorded a noteworthy album. My singles are beginning to be played on the radio over a national scale. My music video is too explicit for mtv (due to the prostitutes I used in the video), but BET is playing it late at night. I throw a huge album release party @ Trick Trick's club in Detroit. As I go up to make a speech with my Don Perignon in hand, a bullet tears through my chest. The West Side Chedda Boyz were still mad that I had killed their leader in a drive by shooting 6 years ago. They were even more infuriated that I was about to make it big. Without a life insurance policy, my baby mommas are left with nothing. Trick Trick makes a pretty corny song about how he misses me (p diddy style). My album sells like crazy for 2 weeks and then I am never remembered again. The money goes to the record company. The record company then decides to build a resort for their artists in South America and this causes destruction of endangered rain forests.

So please med-schools, accept me for the sake of the rain forests!

They wouldn't have to call you doctor, and it would just confuse the sht out of patients and other docs/nurses. If a PhD carries the Dr. title outside of academia, lab, etc., they are a tool anyways.
:laugh:

If you get into medical school and then start on rotations....you may not want to share this view, since you'll probably be trained by a Ph.D or two in something, and they may not give you very high marks for professionalism.....

I'd run a Think Tank....still on my list if I can get enough soft money funding.

I'd probably get my PhD in Psych then do something with that.

I joke around with my mom all the time. "if med school doesnt work out then im going to b a truck driver" lol
They get paid bw 50k-70k jus to drive. I always drive 18-20 hours to visit fam jus bc my mom decieded to move to Atlanta.

seriously, i would become a senator, or forensic scientist.

I'd probably try to go for some kind of pharmacology-related PhD. I also might like to try writing movies with my brother; we could be like the Coens.

work in public health or teach English/Lit. Probably write too.

I would likely return to undergrad to get degree/s in physics, astronomy and engineering.

After doing that, I would build a time machine out of my old car pimped out with a flux capacitor.

This would allow me to go back in time to ameliorate any deficiencies in my original med school app.

[I would also bring my friend Marty so he could get some sports almanac back.
]

:thumbup:

PhD in Social Psychology fo sho.
Or Phd in Neurobiology.
Maybe firefighter?

Most likely would stay at school for an extra year, get my MEng and go work for a biotech company

Alternatively, physical therapy is pretty appealing to me.

Also I would enjoy teaching high school science.

Summary: I want to do everything (treat patients, teach people, do research), that's why I want to be a doctor!

i'll be miserable.

Aerospace Engineering or Astrophysics, one or the other.

I suppose we'll see.

If I was a girl, I'd move to Nevada and work at the Bunny Ranch but they just had to give me that damn Y chromosome

Last edited:
Four years in the military (for the experience) then grad school, or grad school right away.