Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

mac_kin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2006
Status
Post Doc
I'm not trying to be pessimistic or anything but I'm just curious what everyone's plans are if they don't get in.
I like having a backup plan ready and will probably just go back to my current school to take more courses - maybe turn my minor into a second major :S

Good luck with the apps and hopefully we won't need these backup plans!

DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I already have the rope and note ready.

Tori's dad

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
mac_kin said:
I'm not trying to be pessimistic or anything but I'm just curious what everyone's plans are if they don't get in.
I like having a backup plan ready and will probably just go back to my current school to take more courses - maybe turn my minor into a second major :S

Good luck with the apps and hopefully we won't need these backup plans!
If you didn't get in then you focus on what you think or what a school tells you is your weak points: volunteering, shadowing, MCAT, grades, whatever. Don't just go back and take classes because you have nothing else to do. Focus on your application and make it stronger. I don't know that a 2nd bachelors is going to help at all (unless it helps bring your GPA up).

Good luck

About the Ads

Ema

Biti ili ne biti?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
Umm....taking that modeling job :laugh:

taking more classes and feeling old :laugh:

10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
Status
Medical Student
wasn't there already a thread about this in the past week? shrugs. i'd cry. hahaaha. no seriously.

joanofarc0907

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i'll do some research since I haven't done any :)

DoctorPardi

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2005
Alabama
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'll figure out why I didn't get in and work on that. So what I do depends on why I didn't get in. If I do horrible on the MCAT I might just take 4-5 months off and study hard core for it and hope to make a high 30.

Hopefully if I don't get in my problem will be something that is easily noticable and correctable.

nekrogg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 8, 2005
Status
eat lead

EBI831

legend in the making
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2006
Chi-town royalty
Status
Medical Student
i'd blame it on my school and say maybe they didn't send in all the info or were late on recs or i'd blame on the ppl writing the recs anything but blame it on myself.

freshh.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Status
Pre-Medical
I'd be upset at first, but then I'd have to find a way to move on from there. Wallowing in self pity wouldn't get me into med school so I'd just have to make application more appealing.

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
With my husband, my kids, and the hellcat
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i'd give pharmacy a try since it's the same pre-reqs. the weakness in my app is grad school GPA and I just don't have the money and time to go take a bunch of courses to bring it up.

[super.cool]

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm not applying until the next cycle, but I have given this possibility a bit of thought. I would more than likely travel and possibly try to intern while overseas. It would at least make my application more interesting.

About the Ads