What will you do to celebrate getting into med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Quit my job two months early and go on long-planned trips with friends. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

ChymeChancellor said:
My treat will be to manufacture mountains of delicious chyme!

Oh wow, invite me over when you get accepted!

Looque said:
Oh wow, invite me over when you get accepted!

Of course!!! DR. EUGENIC may also join us!

Members don't see this ad :)
ChymeChancellor said:
Of course!!! DR. EUGENIC may also join us!

Thank goodness! The party isn't fun when no one is present whose grammar I can correct!

EDIT: ...and he'd be a great target for magic markers :sleep:

Looque said:
Thank goodness! The party isn't fun when no one is present whose grammar I can correct!

EDIT: ...and he'd be a great target for magic markers :sleep:

Yes.... Chyme for All!!!

ChymeChancellor said:
We may also launch chyme from the trebuchet!!!

Yes! Let us launch chyme from the trebuchet and load chyme-coated spears into the ballista!

Looque said:
Yes! Let us launch chyme from the trebuchet and load chyme-coated spears into the ballista!

That is just taking the celebration too far. I am ashamed of you.

Get married. Make some kids.

akademiks1989 said:

Yeah!! Babies EVERYWHERE!!!

ChymeChancellor said:
That is just taking the celebration too far. I am ashamed of you.

:( You're a celebration tease

ChymeChancellor said:
We must also put cherry bombs in the buckets of chyme!!!

I believe that since both "cherry bomb" and "chyme" begin with a "ch," fate had written that plan in our DNA long ago, and it is our solemn duty to fulfill it.

However, tattoo touch-up time has come. I must excuse myself for a while.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looque said:
I believe that since both "cherry bomb" and "chyme" begin with a "ch," fate had written that plan in our DNA long ago, and it is our solemn duty to fulfill it.

However, tattoo touch-up time has come. I must excuse myself for a while.

Let the chyme be with you... or at least in your stomach!

I'd get a bottle or 2 of absinthe, take a week off from work to celebrate in Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey throughout the week, with hopefully some other benefits on the side hehe....

Also, my goal is tol make enough money over the year to pay for a trip to Thailand and Japan for a few weeks next summer.

But... first things first. I have to get in and there's still a very, very long way to go.

Good for all of you guys with acceptances pretty much in your back pocket :)

I cried a little, called my adviser, went out for sushi, and then took the entire summer off and I have been doing NOTHING since!

I am going to party like it is 2099

ChymeChancellor said:
Let the chyme be with you... or at least in your stomach!

I believe the chyme was with me! I digested everything incredibly well while having the touch-up work done, and here I am now, all touched-up. Now to the trebuchet!

akademiks1989 said:

That might end up being completely overrated.

I say, we throw a HUGE Chicago MD Accepted party at one of the Wrigleyville bars, and all of us drink and dryhump each other on the dance floor until we can't stand anymore.

But, that's just me. :D

jackieMD2007 said:

I say, we throw a HUGE Chicago MD Accepted party at one of the Wrigleyville bars, and all of us drink and dryhump each other on the dance floor until we can't stand anymore.

I know I am not applying in the 2007 cycle, and while I do not live in Chicago...I will be attending this party.

As far as what I am going to do. I think I might have 2 parties, one with my friends where we get drunk and act stupid and another where I invite all the people who helped me along the way. Like I would invite people I worked with in the OR, doctors I know, mom and dad of course. I don't know if everyone would come, but it would be nice way to brag about getting into medical school lol!

I might smile....and then crack open a beer and watch a movie or something like usual. I would travel but I've been overseas 7 times in 9 years so I doubt this one will be funded at all and besides I'm kind of tired of art museums and churches...jaded a-hole thing to say I know. Maybe (if I get accepted instate) buy a new hobie cat 16 and sails or just rent out a boat with my bro for a week or two and bum around the keys sailing, fishing and diving....but I'd probably do that anyway.

jackieMD2007 said:

I've visited the Wrigleyville bar scene a couple times, and indeed I saw my fair share of dry humping.

MiesVanDerMom said:
Let's say you get into med school, anything special planned?

for me: weep, buy my two year old son a little doctor play kit (unfortunately probably the Elmo one since he's such an Elmo fanatic), and get a tattoo of the medical symbol, the kedusas or whatever it's called. And then some sushi.

There's an Elmo doctor kit?? Sweet!!! I need to get that for my 3 year old. She's completely obsessed. ;)

MiesVanDerMom said:

for me: weep, buy my two year old son a little doctor play kit (unfortunately probably the Elmo one since he's such an Elmo fanatic), and get a tattoo of the medical symbol, the kedusas or whatever it's called. And then some sushi.

Assuming that I get in, which wont be until 2011 at the soonest, I will waist all of the hard work I have put in and just kill myself.

WantsThisBad said:
Assuming that I get in, which wont be until 2011 at the soonest, I will waist all of the hard work I have put in and just kill myself.

That's what you do if you don't get in, silly

Zoom-Zoom said:
That's what you do if you don't get in, silly

I like the John Hancock

Looque said:
I like the John Hancock

grazie. Extra credit if you can name the reference.

akj2103 said:
I am going to party like it is 2099

Party like it's 1999....(Prince)

Zoom-Zoom said:
grazie. Extra credit if you can name the reference.

I don't know, but man, reality bites! I... bah, I have no real follow-up. I failed at using it as a segue.

Throw a huge beach party at a beach house with a bunch of my friends.

Looque said:
I don't know, but man, reality bites! I... bah, I have no real follow-up. I failed at using it as a segue.

:laugh:

MiesVanDerMom said:

I'm going to get sh*tfaced and then try to go get my mack on.

Zoom-Zoom said:
I'm going to get sh*tfaced and then try to go get my mack on.

This^ is part of my plan as well.

I think I'll just get blasted with friends a la Caristra ;) . Then in the mornings I will drink lots of coffee and daydream about/plan the next chapter of my life.

Looque said:
I've visited the Wrigleyville bar scene a couple times, and indeed I saw my fair share of dry humping.

At any given moment in the US one can probably find dry humping within 15 paces of yourself. I am dryhumping while typing this.

I'll break open a 1996 Chateaux de Armailhac Bordeaux that I've been saving for about 5 years with friends.

I plan to mimic my post-MCAT experience by treating myself to a bottle of J champagne (sparkling wine) and taking a week off.

i thought i was going to party hard after finishing the MCAT.....i didn't. too exhausted. so i guess if i get in, i will probably laugh for a long time (i laugh in just about every situation) then call a whole bunch of people and then party 2X as hard because i didn't after the mcat. anyone in CO is welcome to join!!

I'll quit my job which I have yet to get, and then travel. I plan on going to Europe, Asia, and Australia and New Zealand. Of course, I would need to get accepted pretty early to do that. Even if i don't get in, I'll probably go to Europe again anyway just cause I can.

My sister and I plan on going on a well deserved vacation to Greece, Italy, Spain or England (which ever vacation is going to be the cheapest) and take our mom. I think this whole Med School process has stressed her out more than either one of us.

;) When I get back home, I'll do some major shopping.

austindavid1 said:
I plan to mimic my post-MCAT experience by treating myself to a bottle of J champagne (sparkling wine) and taking a week off.

lol did you really have to explain? :laugh:

pirata said:
I'll break open a 1996 Chateaux de Armailhac Bordeaux that I've been saving for about 5 years with friends.

I'm auditing viticulture and enology (aka winetasting) in the fall. Muuahahahahahaha

Perhaps I'll raise some eyebrows by bringing a box of Franzia on the first day of class.

I drank for like 10 days straight :)

MiesVanDerMom said:

Mies, if I might recommend against the Elmo doctor kit... My ice hockey team got it for me as a gift because I'm so ticklish. And the whole medical thing, of course.

Anyway, it can be really annoying in that Elmo way... except it's also so cute in the Elmo way!! I'd take it for a test-listen pre-purchase.

Maybe your two year old would like a nice sphygmamometer(sp?)?

I'm sure you'll get in somewhere, too. :D

Looque said:
I'm auditing viticulture and enology (aka winetasting) in the fall. Muuahahahahahaha

Perhaps I'll raise some eyebrows by bringing a box of Franzia on the first day of class.
Everyone will be intimidated by your expensive tastes.

pirata said:

I've been saving a bottle of Riesling for the day I get an acceptance.

Looque said:
:laugh: I know, right? It shall be good times.

Teerawit said:
lol did you really have to explain? :laugh:

No, it's not actually champagne (from France).. it's sparkling wine.

I'll let out a giant "woop!" while jumping up and down and all around. Then I will call my mom and rejoice; she would spread the word faster than I ever could. Take all my friends out for some brews and a spendy dinner. Finally I'll probably end up sitting on the apartment porch, to watch the sun go down with some cheap wine, with a look of extreme satisfaction plastered on my face.