Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

what would an international pharmacist do?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by sando, May 10, 2008.

1. sando

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    hello friends i am really depressed :cry:because i did not get in any where this year.... I am an international pharmacist and have completed my BS from India. I applied to 4 schools this year and could not make it to even one.. i have a gpa of 3.99 and toefl score of 100. Is it my bad luck or i am incompetent :confused:?? can anyone help me.. i am just too depressed.. what do i do now?? there are only two schools in the whole country offering international program and hundereds of students applying.. i applied to nova international and western ipbp but did not get any whr and other two school did not even consider me.. so havnt got even rejection frm them.. any tips for making my application stronger for next yr from those who have already made it.. i will really appreciate help and guidance given...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bananaface

bananaface Pharmacy Supernerd
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Moving to pre-pharmacy as this is a school admissions question.

The site support and suggestions forum is for users with questions or suggestions regarding this website.

4. aboveliquidice

aboveliquidice No sacrifice - No victory
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    It is very important to discuss your opportunities with the schools you desire to attend.

Have you contacted and discussed your application with the schools you applied to? It is important to ask them what your application was lacking - then spend this next year focusing on those changes.

I would start NOW to open a line of communication (talk directly with the programs you are interested in) such that when they review applications next year, they can recognize your name.

There are many other threads about "how to improve my chances" - I suggest you do a search for those. Start first with what I wrote above - then expand your efforts.

~above~

5. sando

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student

hey thanks much for the advice.. will def work on that

6. PharmDee2Bee

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Just a suggestion..but Western has a Master of Health Science program that you can apply to. They enroll in August, I think you can still catch the deadline. Perhaps their MSHS program can help you get into their pharmacy program. You can PM me for more info if you're interested. Hope that helps!