What would an MD reject gone DO most likely propose?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What would a student who really wished an MD and settled for a DO most like propose?

• propose some sort of degree change

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • propose doing away with craniosacral therapy

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • propose a dual residency match

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • propose a more "progressive" AOA leadership

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • propose the degree stay the same

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • propose a critical review of craniosacral therapy

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • propose keeping the current residency match

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • propose an unbiased research of the policies of the AOA

Votes: 15 20.5%

• Total voters

medhacker

We can end world poverty!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just to add what I think is the necessary perspective on all else going on the forum :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

medhacker said:
Just to add what I think is the necessary perspective on all else going on the forum :cool:

What's that say about DO schools? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
eadysx said:
The way I read it, by voting at all would make me an MD reject.....

No way,

one can have an opinion as to what others behavior would most likely be without being part of the "others" in question, right? :)

medhacker said:
No way,

one can have an opinion as to what others behavior would most likely be without being part of the "others" in question, right? :)

Absolutely, I always tell my wife to take it like a man when she is having monthly cramps. I mean being a man I obviously have an opinion st to what she really feels like.

I am really disappointed w/ the attitudes on SDN lately. When you apply to DO schools, you know your degree is going to be different. I totally agree w/ Idiopathic's post the other day, "I will let my reputation be based on my merit & not upon some superfluous initials."

Krazykritter said:
I am really disappointed w/ the attitudes on SDN lately. When you apply to DO schools, you know your degree is going to be different. I totally agree w/ Idiopathic's post the other day, "I will let my reputation be based on my merit & not upon some superfluous initials."

Which attitudes are you talking about? I think you misinterpreted Idiopathic's post. I hate to speak for him, but I believe his message was that the AOA should stop pushing superificial or false differences on us, and let us succeed based on our skills and knowledge and not the fact that we're "osteopathic" as opposed to anything else.

Not going to vote in this poll...

I only applied to DO schools and I only wanted to go to a DO school. I am sure "MD rejects exist", in fact, I know a few of them in my school, but I would like to believe most people come to a DO school because they wanted to.

Be proud of your DO choice! Why must we continue to debate this issue? DOs are unique, I for one want to advertise this. I am not an MD and I wouldn't want to be.

DrB said:
DOs are unique, I for one want to advertise this. I am not an MD and I wouldn't want to be.

Amen!!

Non of the options I want are in the poll.. so I won't vote.. simple as that. I don't consider myself an MD reject.. rather, I chose the paths that fit best with me.

Little kids get a life and stop thinking everything in life is first and second place .. winner and looser.

docbill said:
I don't consider myself an MD reject.. rather, I chose the paths that fit best with me.

The poll is not meant to make those who consider themselves "MD rejects" vote. It does not equate voting with being an "MD reject".

It is meant to get anyone's opinion on what they think someone who is an "MD reject" (a.k.a. as someone who went the D.O. route out of conformism) would most likely propose to change within the world of osteopathic medicine.

medhacker said:
The poll is not meant to make those who consider themselves "MD rejects" vote. It does not equate voting with being an "MD reject".

It is meant to get anyone's opinion on what they think someone who is an "MD reject" (a.k.a. as someone who went the D.O. route out of conformism) would most likely propose to change within the world of osteopathic medicine.

Somewhat polarized thinking isn't it? The whole "disagree with any aspect of your chosen field = branded an MD reject".

I think "Who could give a S&!$ about this poll" should be added to the list of choices. It's just going to start a flame war, but I guess that's where some people get their kicks.

DrRichardKimble said:
Somewhat polarized thinking isn't it? The whole "disagree with any aspect of your chosen field = branded an MD reject".

It must be a thursday thing, no polarization exists or intended, look closely at some the options again:
propose the degree stay the same
propose keeping the current residency match

No "disagreement" with the chosen field there.

DrB said:
Not going to vote in this poll...

I only applied to DO schools and I only wanted to go to a DO school. I am sure "MD rejects exist", in fact, I know a few of them in my school, but I would like to believe most people come to a DO school because they wanted to.

Be proud of your DO choice! Why must we continue to debate this issue? DOs are unique, I for one want to advertise this. I am not an MD and I wouldn't want to be.

:thumbup: Yes!

you know what I may very well be one of those MD rejects. I never applied to MD schools but with my 28P MCAT score I know i wouldn't have been accepted. That is why i consider myself blessed that there are osteopathic schools that dont look down on people who have hard time taking standardized tests but have potential to become good physicians. Should i feel guilty for this? or should i embrace the fact that I have atleast been given a chance?

medhacker said:

They would propose to waste time copy and paste stuff that someone post for free to help others study *cough pathology*, then try rip off other poor students when the resource become unavailable *cough @sshole*

I am embarrassed that so many of my peers support a degree change.

What kind of leverage does one have for this opinion in the first place, after already acknowledging their status as a self-proposed MD reject? :confused:

You might believe that osteopathic medicine is failing you, but perhaps the converse is true.

BklynWill said:
What kind of leverage does one have for this opinion in the first place, after already acknowledging their status as a self-proposed MD reject? :confused:

Voting does not equate to acknowledging the MD reject status. One votes as one would think an MD reject would propose to do within the osteopathic medicine profession.

medhacker said:
Voting does not equate to acknowledging the MD reject status. One votes as one would think an MD reject would propose to do within the osteopathic medicine profession.

This is awesome. Now, if you could find a way to disallow those who really are MD rejects from voting.

Wait a minute that scenario sounds familiar, oh right that's the modus operandi of the AOA.

jawicobike said:
This is awesome. Now, if you could find a way to disallow those who really are MD rejects from voting.

Wait a minute that scenario sounds familiar, oh right that's the modus operandi of the AOA.

That was deep, really deep - not sure if you realize it, but it's the gospel truth :idea:

:p
I think the spirit of the poll is great. Humor is the best way to make your point. I am ecstatic about my acceptance to NSU-COM and about being a DO. If folks feel that they have settled for second best (or worse) perhaps they should consider applying to the carib. allopathic schools (I'm not putting them down at all) out there or rethinking a career in medicine.They could then live in peace with initials not containing vowels.
The point is that if you can't be happy where you are at in life, change your circumstances. No one is forcing you to go through the osteopathic route.
Just my $0.02.
Dr. EMS