PsychMajorUndergrad18

Future School Psychologist
Jan 27, 2015
Status
Pre-Psychology
Hello Everyone!!,

What would you say counts as research experience for Grad school? The reason why I am asking this is because I am taking a Research Methods class next semester and one of the requirements is a 25-30 page research project. Would this count as research experience? If not, what counts as experience? Does being active in a research lab that is run by a professor count?

Thanks everyone!!

futureapppsy2

Assistant professor
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2008
Hello Everyone!!,

What would you say counts as research experience for Grad school? The reason why I am asking this is because I am taking a Research Methods class next semester and one of the requirements is a 25-30 page research project. Would this count as research experience? If not, what counts as experience? Does being active in a research lab that is run by a professor count?

Thanks everyone!!
No to your first question, unless you present or publish off of it; yes to your second.

Sep 5, 2015
Status
Psychology Student
Yes, research experience is joining a lab and either helping the PI with data entry, literature review searches and even contributing to a pub or two.

For me, I had the opportunity to conduct an independent study during one of my lab work.