what would u do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nena

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering, would it be wrong to not include courses you took at a foreign school since they don't ask for those transcripts to verify them? i took these courses at this one school and i didn't do particularly well, i don't want to include them b/c they could hurt me rather than help..i just don't know if it's okay to just conveniently leave them out..any advice? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

It is wrong. Period. Refer to your manual where it states all courses attempted even if you withdrew must be listed. Better to fess up now than have your degree revoked down the road.

BrettBatchelor said:
It is wrong. Period. Refer to your manual where it states all courses attempted even if you withdrew must be listed. Better to fess up now than have your degree revoked down the road.
whoa... hold ur horses brett...

I think it states that it's only US colleges and transcripts. I think it'd be ok. but just check it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
There was a thread that is probably on page 3-4 by now in which DR. MOM agreed. It was the exact same topic about a foreign school. It was the consensus then and I still think you should fess up. I think everyone has grades they wished they wouldn't count.

I think, unfortunately, Brett is correct. If you read the AMCAS manual, ALL classes, whereever they were taken, need to be reported. :(

Here is the foreign school section. pg 37
Other Schools: Select the Other option, and then select the country in which the school is located and the school name from the designated drop-down lists. Modify the name of the school if appropriate. Proceed to enter the city in which the school is located and select your program of study and year of graduation from the designated drop-down lists. If you attended this school for summer school only, or if you were involved in a study abroad program through this school that was not affiliated with a foreign school, click the appropriate check box.