What would you do? (Need to reschedule test)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ludacris

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prometric just called and said my test center cannot sit the Step 1 exam anymore.

I was scheduled for May 14th... now they only have May 5th and 10th available. I don't think I'll be ready by then. They have a few dates in late June available... and I could always move my test date up if one becomes available.

Should I just wait until June?

I can write the test and then start rotations pretty much any month so that's not really an issue.

Thanks for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

oy.. any different site you can go to? sorry to hear that this happened to you.

Yea, it sucks! They have 2 test centers in Toronto... those other dates I gave are for the center that can still sit the exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
i was scheduled for may 10th, they moved me from the yonge street to bloor street location saying that it was deauthorized by nbme or something .... i need more time to study, so i ended up choosing the London site and just gonna have to commute there!

but it sucks that toronto is such a big city, and now we only have one center downtown!

Yea, we really should have more centers around here.

I think I'm leaning towards just doing the test in June.

Don't want to risk taking it on May 10th :/ Especially without consecutive high scoring NBME's.

Prometric just called and said my test center cannot sit the Step 1 exam anymore.

I was scheduled for May 14th... now they only have May 5th and 10th available. I don't think I'll be ready by then. They have a few dates in late June available... and I could always move my test date up if one becomes available.

I can write the test and then start rotations pretty much any month so that's not really an issue.

Thanks for any input.

That's rough. Is travelling outside of Toronto an option?

I guess it depends upon whether you think you'll reach what you're shooting for if you take it on the 10th, or whether you need more than 2 weeks of extra time.

Yea, we really should have more centers around here.

I think I'm leaning towards just doing the test in June.

Don't want to risk taking it on May 10th :/ Especially without consecutive high scoring NBME's.
Yeah, I understand. June isn't that far. If you think you can handle another month of studying, go for it! :)

Thanks for any input.

If it were me, I'd take it May 10th. I know you said you won't be ready, but hey, it's four days. I'd much rather buckle down a little more and spread those four days worth of stuff across the time between now and then -- that way, I could just take Step on the 10th and be done with it.

Just my opinion though.