What would you major in if you weren't premed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Most likely Astronomy, but completing pre-reqs for Pharmacy.

Members don't see this ad.

I would still major in geology. Paleontology was what made me doubt medicine in the first place.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't really picture myself ever majoring in a non-science, so I'd probably still be in biology. Either that, chemistry, or chemE (i.e. the majors I'm afraid of as a pre-med GPA *****).

Either that, chemistry, or chemE (i.e. the majors I'm afraid of as a pre-med GPA *****).

:laugh: chemistry majors are brave and intelligent people imo.
and yeah i'll admit it: hi. my name is generator. *sigh* i am a gpa *****.

:laugh: chemistry majors are brave and intelligent people imo.
and yeah i'll admit it: hi. my name is generator. *sigh* i am a gpa *****.
Pre-med chem and pre-med engineering majors are brave souls. I don't have the cojones for upper-level chemistry.

Pre-med chem and pre-med engineering majors are brave souls. I don't have the cojones for upper-level chemistry.

I feel that way about chem, physics, and math majors who do pre med or in general. Engineering is only bad for a little while and it gets to the point where BSing and curves on test are the norm :laugh:

me too. inorganic chem? physical chem?

pretty sure i'd cry everyday.

I would double major in Mass Communications and Journalism and minor in Theatre and marketing.

I don't think its necessary to major in a science in order to be premed. There is more than enough time in the span of four years to fit the pre-reqs, graduation requirements, some upper level science courses, and a major.

That being said, I would probably be majoring in the same exact things if I wasn't premed: Japanese and Biology

I think I'd still be a chemistry major. It's challenging yet I love it.

If I could do my undergrad years again, it would be in astrophysics...however only if I got to retain the information that I have now in nursing and history.

I majored in East Asian Studies and Biology. I was originally going to major in International Business/International Studies until pre-med stuff happened.