What would you rather do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What would you do if you could not get into a US MD school this time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Compozine

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to a US allo school this year, but I was just wondering what people would do if their only option was something other than a US allo school.

Members don't see this ad.

Compozine said:
I was accepted to a US allo school this year, but I was just wondering what people would do if their only option was something other than a US allo school.

yes

Work in a lab or something at UM/MSU/wherever. apply again, this time add some DO schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a couple years of undergrad left, but if it came to that, I'd reapply MD and apply for Master's in Nursing programs at the same time.

I'm applying to MD and DO programs first time around, and doing a masters during my glide year. If I still don't get in, I'll probably reapply once more after I do some more coursework (probably perfusionist school). Then if I still don't get in to an US program (MD or DO, since it doesn't matter to me, because the difference effectively amounts to DO's having extra training in giving a great backrub) the choice becomes either Ireland or a PhD in something.

DropkickMurphy said:
I'm applying to MD and DO programs first time around, and doing a masters during my glide year. If I still don't get in, I'll probably reapply once more after I do some more coursework (probably perfusionist school). Then if I still don't get in to an US program (MD or DO, since it doesn't matter to me, because the difference effectively amounts to DO's having extra training in giving a great backrub) the choice becomes either Ireland or a PhD in something.

I know an American girl in an Irish med school right now. It sounds pretty good, except that her program is 5 years.