What would you rather have ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UMP

Recovered Under-Achiever
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In my opinion either score is good... but what do you think looks better in the admissions game ?

9PS, 10 VR, 10 BS = 29

or

12 PS 7 VR 12 BS = 31

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion either score is good... but what do you think looks better in the admissions game ?

9PS, 10 VR, 10 BS = 29

or

12 PS 7 VR 12 BS = 31

youre not getting anywhere with that 31. only if youre really lucky. one of my best friends had that same exact breakdown, and had a 3.6 gpa in biochem at madison, tons of research, blah blah blah. got 1 interview and didnt get in anywhere. that 29 is 1000 times better.

youre not getting anywhere with that 31. only if youre really lucky. one of my best friends had that same exact breakdown, and had a 3.6 gpa in biochem at madison, tons of research, blah blah blah. got 1 interview and didnt get in anywhere. that 29 is 1000 times better.

was he a wisconsin or illinois resident? wisconsin, I could see, since their only in-state school is pretty competitive, and the private school is also... but if it's Illinois... :eek:

9PS, 10 VR, 10 BS = 29

or

12 PS 7 VR 12 BS = 31

The 7 in the second score would eliminate you from some schools. For example, I think Jefferson has MCAT minimums of 8 for each section. I don't think the first score eliminates you from anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Although I have almost the exact same breakdown as the 31, I would rather have the breakdown of the 29.

I'd take either, lol. :laugh:

I picked the second because the first one didn't have double digit science sections. If it was a 10, 9, 10, I would've chosen it. I have the feeling having less than a 10 in the science section would hurt more than having less than a 10 in verbal. We'll see how bad this cycle treats me. :)