What you did during the summer before your 1st year of Pharmacy School....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovelylaydee

Ilovelylaydee
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering... what you ppl did during the summer before your 1st year of Pharmacy School...

This summer... I plan on taking 2-3 vacations...(New York) (Vegas) (California) thank god there's no summer school... then I plan on finding an condo and furnishing my place.... overall message i am going to take it easy b4 I get busy with school... :p

Members don't see this ad.

I finished my last prerequisite class - A&P II.

ilovelylaydee said:
Just wondering... what you ppl did during the summer before your 1st year of Pharmacy School...

This summer... I plan on taking 2-3 vacations...(New York) (Vegas) (California) thank god there's no summer school... then I plan on finding an condo and furnishing my place.... overall message i am going to take it easy b4 I get busy with school... :p

Wow where you getting all that money laydee? I would love to take a trip, the furthest I ever go is LV which is about 3 1/2 hours away. Do you plan on working during the summer? I don't have a job right now and am not planning on getting one, although I do a little work for my uncle to get some $$. My friends were planning on doing a cruise to mexico this year instead of vegas and I wasnt planning on going due to lack of funds and how much pharm school is going to cost, but after talking to my dentist yesterday he was saying take advantage of being able to travel right now before you start school again. So I dunno I may have to dip into my savings and treat myself.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I was going to relax, but got stir crazy after a week. So, I worked the majority of the summer.

been working this whole year...time to take a vacation before 4 years of hell. I am planning a traveling spree. I am going to Taiwan and HK for the month of July (Japan still under speculation). In August, perhaps vegas, Frisco, Sunny Diego, and of course...around LA area. hurray for no work, hurray for no school, and doubly hurray for summer! \(^o^)/

Buy house/condo.
Travel travel travel.

Chicago. Australia. Maybe Hong Kong. Mexico - Fishing! Santa Barbara - Fishing! San Diego - visit friends and fishing! :D

I got married the summer before pharmacy school. I also moved into a new townhouse, worked at an sporting apparrel store, and started a job in a hospital pharmacy as an intern. All in all, a busy summer!

According to my lil piggy bank, I've got maybe enough to buy one Krispy Kreme. However, despite my piggy bank's obstinate refusal to spontaneously produce more money and my decision to not work, I will still be travelling - domestically. My friends and I plan to take a road trip across the US - to meet the different people, eat the different foods, hear the different accents, and party at the different clubs and bars! yeeah! Other than that, it's party, relax, get fit (get rid of a lil happy hour love handles), furnish and decorate my apt, and revisit my passion for art. :)

I plan on getting a job somewhere. I *was* going to get a job at Barnes & Noble, but my car died and tried to throw me into a river in the progress, so now I'm going to sell it for parts and get a job somewhere within walking distance. I can always get my old job back at Kroger... I hated that job, however, even though I lost my seniority when I quit it'll be like I have it because I know the managers, I quit in a decent way so there won't be any weird tensions, and I've already been invited back by a person that got promoted to front end management (who will be replacing the old front end manager who used to stare at my chest and rub my back and tell me he liked me. Creep.)

I'm hoping to make it back to Philadelphia to visit my family and friends at least twice for week-long visits, but other than that, no vacations planned. I'm hoping that at the least, that works out! Probably a few spontaneous drives down to Parkersburg to see the fiancee's family. Hah, we might get married this summer, I have no idea.

All in all, nothing any different than any other summer. I'd love to just relax and take trips, but I can't afford to do so!

didn't really do anything!

I have finish my last prereq this summer. Org lab II, should be easy. So i guess i only have a month off after the final. I definitely going enjoy myself. either traveling or just relaxing. As for money, my plan for robbing a local gas station is almost ready. :D Definitely enjoy the good time while you still can, because hard time only 4 months away. :laugh:

Working lots, taking one last pre req course, and travelling when I can (couple weekends to Tucson, cruise to Carribean in August)

I don't have any more classes to take so I'm going to be working ALOT to catch up on some bills before fall :) Hope I can find some time to take some weekend trips

Man, I wish I could travel! This is the first summer my family and i are not taking a trip :( Instead, we are staying home to remodel our house and backyard, because my cousin from North Carolina wants a "california" wedding in our backyard in the midst of sweltering july. Should be chaotic, but fun. :laugh: Hmm, what else... condo shopping.. condo remodeling/furnishing.. study for GMAT or GRE's maybe? And I think I'll work at slave-ons... once a week.. on sundays.. :thumbup:

Sorry about the name just kept reading posts from Caverject and this came to me, and it rhymes.
Anyways,
I worked two full time jobs over the summer.
Delivered drugs by day, dispensed drugs by night.
Great experience... but no life.
I actually have alot more free time now that I am in school and working 18 hours/week, than I did with two full time jobs.

worked full-time and finished my pre-reqs: Econ, Physics II and A&P II. Not such a fun summer :(

I played a lot of golf even though I still suck at the game (cheap to play in phoenix in the summer). I swam everyday with my family and played alot of video games. Also, my 3rd child was born a few weeks before school started. Didn't go very far, but a busy summer.

Any future students: DON'T STUDY THE SUMMER BEFORE SCHOOL UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO DO SO!!! School is stressful once it gets going, enjoy your last free summer.

went to europe (switzerland, italy, and france)...and worked full time when i got back until school started...going to asia this summer...looking forward to it. make the best of your time if you can...whether it be working or chilling. :)

I have 1 summer class to take, but it will be over June 24th. Since my school doesn't start 'till Sept. 21, I will still have like 12 weeks of summer left! I plan on working my butt off at up to 4 jobs to pay off my car and credit card bills before school starts. If I get this internship I applied for though, I will be doing that and trying to work at some other little jobs on the side. I also plan to keep working out and get in better shape! :) The only thing I have planned as far as vacation is a trip to Cedar Point.. :(

phatty said:
went to europe (switzerland, italy, and france)...and worked full time when i got back until school started...going to asia this summer...looking forward to it. make the best of your time if you can...whether it be working or chilling. :)

Europe here too :)