JayQuah

Connect Four Champion
10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2005
Kahl ee phone ya
Status
Here in NYC, and boy is it cold. And a bit windy.
Soooo
When I left the hotel in the morning, I wish I had brought a packet of tissues and a mini-mirror...not because I am vain, but because walking a couple of blocks in between the institutes at Cornell was bitterly cold--I walked into plenty of doctor's offices with my hair frazzled and covered in snot.
Next time...
What did YOU wish you had?

Mutt

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2004
Status
JayQuah said:
I walked into plenty of doctor's offices with my hair frazzled and covered in snot.
Next time...
What did YOU wish you had?

How did you get snot in your hair?
;)

About the Ads

Wahina

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2005
Status
Now that I've been rejected from my first interview, I wish I had one of those handshake shockers to zap my interviewer. At least then I would have known I wasn't getting in before I left.

Hausdaddy24

Im that man fromNantucket
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2005
Chicago, IL
Status
Pre-Medical
one of those mind eraser things from the men in black. Or one of those nifty pocket sized time machines to go back in time and fix my horrible blunders.

BooMed

Optomist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2005
Oregon girl in the Bama
Status
Non-Student
Some eyedrops. I was all nervous and my eyes looked kind of bloodshot. Umm, horrifying. :scared:

Risa

like Lisa with an R
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2005
Status
Medical Student
these face blotter sheets by clinique or clean and clear. i used them for the first time at my third interview, and basically wound up sharing them with every girl in the bathroom they were so cool. they get you unshiny, like washing your face without having to redo your makeup! awesome

TracksuitsRock

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I make sure to bring:

extra pantyhose
chapstick
dental floss
a tampon, regardless of the date (just in case)
some shoe cushions in case my shoes start to hurt
something to read for down time

That way I don't have to worry about the most embarrassing things that can happen. Huge runs in stockings, food in teeth, blisters from horrible shoes, etc. Have fun.

ShyRem

I need more coffee.
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2004
Where I hang my hat.
Status
Attending Physician
Some breath mints. I had some in my purse, and they made the rounds at every interview I've been on so far.

prana_md

springing
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2005
Left Coast
Status
Pre-Medical
A beta blocker ... or some good, old fashioned xanax. I get soooo nervous, and I just keep drinking coffee as some sort of OCD ritual. I end up all sweaty and clumsy. The only thing that calms me down is telling stupid jokes to the other interviewees. That's how you'll know it's me ... bad jokes.

PressingOn

10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2004
Status
More time to stay in the city so we could drive home the next morning. Plus, one of my interviewers invited me to the school bonfire that night.

tacrum43

Behold the mighty echidna
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
Seattle, WA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
-Eye drops (I have bad eye allergies, and they can get really red, which freaks people out, including me :p )
-Dental floss
-Tissues
-A spare tie (Just in case. They served us soup at my last interview!)

jebus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
Status
tacrum43 said:
-Eye drops (I have bad eye allergies, and they can get really red, which freaks people out, including me :p )
I know what it's like. Bausch & Lomb's Opcon-A has definitely served me well. People ask me if I'm high all the time.
I went to an eye-doctor and told him about it, and I also told him I think I don't blink enough. His suggestion: Blink more. And he didn't even comp me, I paid money to hear that.

the negative 1

Bovie to "war crimes" please
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2004
Charm City
Status
Attending Physician
prana_md said:
A beta blocker ... or some good, old fashioned xanax. I get soooo nervous, and I just keep drinking coffee as some sort of OCD ritual.
I was thinking the same exact thing. I'm definitely staying away from coffee from now on too. The last thing I needed was to exacerbate my already heightened state of anxiety.

indo

Feed me a stray cat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
www.mcw.edu
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I take a tampon to my interviews, as well. However, I'm a man, so I bring it just in case I need to plug a hole.

Bring dental floss or a toothbrush or whatever you clean your teeth with.

About the Ads