What you wish you have known before you applied

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Baker2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To anyone who has applied already, is there anything about the application process that would have been good to know beforehand. For example, are there things that took much longer than you thought and held up your app. I plan to have mine in 1st week of June and would like to be aware of potential setbacks. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

To anyone who has applied already, is there anything about the application process that would have been good to know beforehand. For example, are there things that took much longer than you thought and held up your app. I plan to have mine in 1st week of June and would like to be aware of potential setbacks. Thanks!

looking through every schools LOR requirement and making sure I had an idea which school required what woulda been nice to do before June.

i would have sent my transcripts from the several schools I have taken classes from a week or 2 before AADSAS opens up, because it takes time for schools to process the transcripts. one of my transcripts held up my entire application, and it was the transcript that was a SUPA credit, a class i TOOk at high school that was through syracuse, so it was the most pointless class, but it held up my app about 2 weeks. so GET UR TRANSCRIPTS IN EARLY!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i would have sent my transcripts from the several schools I have taken classes from a week or 2 before AADSAS opens up, because it takes time for schools to process the transcripts. one of my transcripts held up my entire application, and it was the transcript that was a SUPA credit, a class i TOOk at high school that was through syracuse, so it was the most pointless class, but it held up my app about 2 weeks. so GET UR TRANSCRIPTS IN EARLY!!!

How do we get the transcripts in early? I thought we had to wait until AADSAS opens so we can print out the transcript matching form. I'm really confused about this whole process.

How do we get the transcripts in early? I thought we had to wait until AADSAS opens so we can print out the transcript matching form. I'm really confused about this whole process.

Ditto. Could someone explain that? We're noobs.

and your right

I apologize, I must have forgotten about the matching forms. so do it THE DAY AADSAS OPENS UP.

what you can do is get a sealed transcript and then send it yourself to aadsas. I did it this past cycle and it worked.

^Yup

If you think you want to apply somewhere, or you are on the fence...just pay the money and apply. I applied later to a few schools and was told if I had applied earlier they would have considered my app more heavily. Pay the money and save yourself the "I wonder if it's worth ~$100 or whatever to apply...?"

Interviews can be dang expensive too, so be realistic with yourself when you apply.

what you can do is get a sealed transcript and then send it yourself to aadsas. I did it this past cycle and it worked.

So how does this work? Don't we still need a transcript matching form?

My understanding of the whole process is that we have to wait until the system opens on June 1, print out a matching form, get the sealed transcript, and send it to AADSAS along with the matching form. I'm under the impression that we can't send to individual schools.

Also, for letters of rec, if my professors are just going to upload their letter, do they need a letter matching form?

Thanks!!

So how does this work? Don't we still need a transcript matching form?

My understanding of the whole process is that we have to wait until the system opens on June 1, print out a matching form, get the sealed transcript, and send it to AADSAS along with the matching form. I'm under the impression that we can't send to individual schools.

Also, for letters of rec, if my professors are just going to upload their letter, do they need a letter matching form?

Thanks!!

1.) Just wait did June 1st, get the matching form, print it off, take it to the registrar and give them your money and they will do everything. Not too hard, other than having to wait in line if you go to a big school:(

2.) Your professors will get an email giving them a link to click where they will log in and upload your letter. Easy as can be. You will see confirmation on your AADSAS.

Is your major really in "Reaganomics"? lol

^Yup

If you think you want to apply somewhere, or you are on the fence...just pay the money and apply. I applied later to a few schools and was told if I had applied earlier they would have considered my app more heavily. Pay the money and save yourself the "I wonder if it's worth ~$100 or whatever to apply...?"

Interviews can be dang expensive too, so be realistic with yourself when you apply.

Apply earlier, and I would have managed my own LORs electronically. The pre-professional office at my school does it for most students, but since I applied to a couple schools with odd ball LOR reqs, I had a couple that weren't near as strong as my main ones...and AADSAS originally only received the weaker ones. It really made things a mess.