What !??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOBODR

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After checking my status pages like a demented circus monkey for the past few months it had become so that I opened them, then closed them without really looking. Well until today when I saw my UCinci page had new red lettering on it. I just assumed they finally got around to rejecting me as I have been complete since August. BUT no it was an interview offer for me... I am out of state. Crazy, I got rejected by Drexel pre-interview who seemingly interviews anyone who can spell their name correctly on the AMCAS app but get interviewed by Cinci. I am a believer now that even if complete since the creation of time, interviews can still happen..... :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

i guess it's good i know how to spell my name.

BOBODR said:
After checking my status pages like a demented circus monkey for the past few months it had become so that I opened them, then closed them without really looking. Well until today when I saw my UCinci page had new red lettering on it. I just assumed they finally got around to rejecting me as I have been complete since August. BUT no it was an interview offer for me... I am out of state. Crazy, I got rejected by Drexel pre-interview who seemingly interviews anyone who can spell their name correctly on the AMCAS app but get interviewed by Cinci. I am a believer now that even if complete since the creation of time, interviews can still happen..... :thumbup:

slmsmith said:

yeah ive been checkin cincy for a min now....i hate schools who dont send e-mail notification....any other schools not send e-mail notification when status changes?

Members don't see this ad :)
jon0013 said:
yeah ive been checkin cincy for a min now....i hate schools who dont send e-mail notification....any other schools not send e-mail notification when status changes?

yeah I'm worried now because I figured they all sent emails when you get an invite....

Good for you bobodr. Any other interviews so far? Any luck with the SUNY schools?

gluon999 said:
Good for you bobodr. Any other interviews so far? Any luck with the SUNY schools?

Hey Gluon,

Interviews at UNC, NYMC, SUNY-Buffalo, Cinci

Only post interview decision has been Buffalo and I am on their hold list. out of state though with a questionable interview there so not unexpected.

Suny-upstate = still on hold like the rest of SDN.

Suny Brooklyn clipped my wings a while ago, not a surprise though, and I dint apply to SB as they only take in state.

Really hoping for a NYMC acceptance but its looking unlikley... :thumbdown:

Saw you got a UB acceptance, good job. :thumbup:

I also applied to Cinci, as sort of a hail mary. And the very next day I got accepted at UB.

Last year though, about 50% of the people on hold got accepted. They had also put me on a hold since Oct. 15th and when I had called Mr. Rosso a month ago, he said he would have a ranked hold list ready by January.

Is Drexel really THAT bad of a school?! I mean, c'mon... "interviews anyone who can spell their name correctly?"

I didn't know that Drexel was looked down upon so much. Or maybe it's just that all SDNers are overachieving, 40-40 players who go to top 10 schools!

Doko said:
Is Drexel really THAT bad of a school?! I mean, c'mon... "interviews anyone who can spell their name correctly?"

I didn't know that Drexel was looked down upon so much. Or maybe it's just that all SDNers are overachieving, 40-40 players who go to top 10 schools!

I am not insulting Drexel, well not meaning too... I would be happy going anywhere including DRexel BUT they interview 2,000 people a year. Easily the most in the nation.

BOBODR said:
I am not insulting Drexel, well not meaning too... I would be happy going anywhere including DRexel BUT they interview 2,000 people a year. Easily the most in the nation.

yeah that's pretty discouraging what you said.
drexel is the only interview i have, and i have been complete since september at 20 schools.

bubbleyum said:
yeah that's pretty discouraging what you said.
drexel is the only interview i have, and i have been complete since september at 20 schools.

Well I am going to go out on a limb and say its more discouraging for me who didnt even get an interview there...

BOBODR said:
I got rejected by Drexel pre-interview who seemingly interviews anyone who can spell their name correctly on the AMCAS app but get interviewed by Cinci.

Ouch...damn Bobo...man, put down that crowbar...

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang. And I got put on "hold status" by Drexel. Not an interview for me (and I was complete BEFORE September!!!). So much for "easy". But I got an interview at VCU. Go figure.

RayhanS1282 said:
Ouch...damn Bobo...man, put down that crowbar...
Sorry Rayhan, I think you know what I mean. They just seem to interview a lot more people than most schools. If there is anyone on SDN I wanna see in med school - its you buddy. Good luck.

BOBODR

BOBODR said:
Sorry Rayhan, I think you know what I mean. They just seem to interview a lot more people than most schools. If there is anyone on SDN I wanna see in med school - its you buddy. Good luck.

BOBODR

when are u going to cinci? they scheduled me for 12/13 or something.. but I am pushing it until later.

sim4radonc said:
when are u going to cinci? they scheduled me for 12/13 or something.. but I am pushing it until later.

12/13? I think you missed your interview. January 24th is mine.

BOBODR said:
12/13? I think you missed your interview. January 24th is mine.

hahhaha yeah. but i rescheduled for 1/24 when I got the invite.

sim4radonc said:
hahhaha yeah. but i rescheduled for 1/24 when I got the invite.

nice, i will see you there? Arent you also a NC resident like me?

BOBODR said:
nice, i will see you there? Arent you also a NC resident like me?

yeah!!! I am !!! are u undergrad here?

slmsmith said:

yeah the rule of thumb is you get an interview if you can spell your name, and accepted if you know what the colors of the american flag are.

sim4radonc said:
yeah!!! I am !!! are u undergrad here?

If you mean UNC - no

I went to Wake Forest and work at the medical school for this year.

I interviewed at UNC a while ago, nice school but not a big fan of my interviewer.

BOBODR said:
If you mean UNC - no

I went to Wake Forest and work at the medical school for this year.

I interviewed at UNC a while ago, nice school but not a big fan of my interviewer.

who did u interview with? i am going there next month