What're you taking next semester? v.Spring2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aight, guys, I schedule my classes tomorrow. Let's see what you'll be taking.

I've got:

Molecular biology
Logic
Poli Sci - Ethnicity, Religion and Race in American Politics (social science AND cultural diversity!)
Cell biology lab
English composition (strategies for academic writing)
Architecture seminar

=16 credits

It's pretty artsy/humanities leaning, even though I'm a biology major, but I hauled through my sciences in my first two years, so I'm going to be on the "other side of the bridge" so to speak.

Tuesdays go from 9:30am to 8:40pm :mad: but I'm off by 2pm on MWR and I'm off on Friday. I'm trying to schedule everything so I can fit in a work schedule best (like second shift).

Members don't see this ad.

I was supposed to have taken the cell bio lab before starting the molecular biology course, although I did take genetics and the cell bio lecture beforehand (lab wasn't available this semester). I hope they don't check that or make me drop it. Most of the other classes would screw up my schedule.

I'm a Bio/Psych dual major pursuing a minor in neuroscience and this is what my schedule looks like for next semester:

second half of gen. psych
non-calc based physics (second half also)
roman history (elective)
cellular neurobiology
reproductive biopsychology

I'm pretty sure it adds up to 18 creds. Should be a FUN spring!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a double major in chem e / science, technology, and society, with a biology minor, and this is what the rest of my year looks like:

Winter:
HST.147 Human Biochemistry and Metabolic Diseases (actual med class. :thumbup: at 8:30 am, very far away. :thumbdown: :)
18.03 Differential Equations
16.URG Aero/Astro Research (Playing with mouse pee...ah, the things I do for the greater good :smuggrin: )

Spring:
5.12 Organic Chemistry 1
7.05 General Biochemistry 1
7.06 Cell Biology
6.002 Circuits
10.301 ChemE Fluid Dynamics
STS.001 Technology in American History
21F.315 Modern French Culture
BE.100 Introduction to Bioengineering

Yep, it's going to be a fun spring. I think I'm only going to take n-1 of those, but it's still going to be fun.

if i get into mt. sinai h&m program:

general bio lecture and lab
intro to developmental sociology
art of teaching (excited!!)
community learning and service partnership (tutoring service workers)
adult psychopathology (on waitlist) or else nutrition problem of developing nations
human development: adolescence/youth
participation with young children
nutrition and health

total: 22 credits...trying to graduate a year early...
if I don't get into mt. sinai h&m program, replace developmental sociology with orgo II. ugh.

I'm finishing a double major in three years, so spring will be my last (and lightest!)semester. I worked my a$$ off earlier, including summers, so my last semester is a little lighter:
Advanced chem lab
Senior math seminar
Instrumental Analysis w/lab
Music Appreciation (love those gen ed's)
Fitness Walking
Astronomy (needed another general ed science credit)

Nice easy 14 credits. And should be easier than my current 13 credits with biochem (w/lab) and abstract algebra. Those two classes alone are more work than all the classes in my 21 credit semesters combined!

24 hrs

Cell Biology

Molecular Biology Lab

Organic Chemistry II

Organic Chemistry Lab II

General Physics II

General Physics Lab II

Age of the Vikings!!!!!!

Ethics

Spanish Adv. Lang. and Comp.

Ind. Study--- developmental genetics (only 3 credits, though i work in the lab basically all day when im not in class, at least i'll be getting credit for it this semester though!)

Am I the only one whose taking it easy next semester (also my last). I'm only taking 13 units. I have no classes on Friday and my earliest class starts at 11am. I'm trying to have the best/easiest time I can before going to medical school.

Nah, I took 13 credits last semester, only 3 of which were very difficult (organic 2). The other 10 weren't bad at all. I needed a break, so I took one. I was then in good shape to take the MCAT this past summer, and I'm very glad I did. If you're graduating, why take lots of classes if you don't want to? Take it easy.

TheProwler said:
Nah, I took 13 credits last semester, only 3 of which were very difficult (organic 2). The other 10 weren't bad at all. I needed a break, so I took one. I was then in good shape to take the MCAT this past summer, and I'm very glad I did. If you're graduating, why take lots of classes if you don't want to? Take it easy.

Seriously.

Med school will be plenty of work.

Take it easy while you still can.

BioOrganic chemistry (orgo 2 w/ biochem)
Genetics
Pathophysiology
Therapeutic Communicaiton skills (w/ lab)
Disability Management

17 credits

I'm taking no sciences as well (though I'm TAing two O-Chem lab sections). I'm a religious studies major/politics minor so I'm taking those classes instead.

Intro to International Relations
Health Care Politics and Policy
Politcs of Third World Development
The Experience of God
Senior Seminar (on Catholic medical ethics)

=5 Pomona credits or 20 real world credits.

Members don't see this ad :)
21 units here. Need to graduate on time.

vertebrate physiology
virology
archeology
spanish 2

= 13 hrs (all thats needed to graduate on time)

cs188 Artificial Intelligence

4 units.

WOOHOO!!! :D

Physiology
Physics 2 (calc based)
Biochem

Sucky semester, I usually try to have at least one LIGHT class. I'm taking the MCAT too. Booo.

UW Green Bay doesn't have much in the name of variety for interesting classes, so I'm stuck taking more "practical" things for my last semester...

Immunology
Neurobiology
Analytical Chem (yuck)
"Ethnic Minorities in Science" (Gotta finish up that last Gen-Ed requirement before I go).

I think that's 13 credits. I'm excited about Neuro.

MizzouDrWannabe said:
Physiology
Physics 2 (calc based)
Biochem

Sucky semester, I usually try to have at least one LIGHT class. I'm taking the MCAT too. Booo.

Off the subject of what classes I'm taking: I've recently heard that it is actually harder to get into SLU than it is Mizzou? And I attend SLU... Have you heard the same rumors?

Bio 383 Genetics 3.0 cr
Bio 455 Biomechanics/Kinesiology 3.0 cr
PES 102 Physics for Life Sciences II (alg-based) 4.0 cr
PES 215 Physics II lab (combined lab with calc-based) 1.0 cr
Psy 327 Intro to Biopsych 4.0 cr
His 300 The Holocaust 3.0 cr

18 credits total (still debating His 300 cuz I'd be paying for that myself but I really want to take it).

Hmm:

International Relations Honors Upper Level Writing
Criminal Procedures and Constitutional Politics
American Sign Language 102
and a Technical Theatre class to round out a bloody brilliant senior year, if I do say so myself.

Also, if anyone has the chance to take ASL do it!!! It is one of best best classes that I ahve ever taken and I hope to have the opportunity to take more. Other than that mess above all I will be doing is drinking, eating, and watching movies.

1. Calculus II 4cr.
  2. Advanced Writing and Composition II 3cr.
  3. Honors Chemistry II 5cr.
  4. Cell Biology 4cr.
  5. German Novelle 3cr.
  6. Social and Ethical Values in Medicine 3cr.

1) Instramental Analysis (2nd semester of analytical chem) w/ Lab (4)

2) Population Genetics (3)

3) Advanced Clincal Microbiology w/ Lab (4)

4) SCUBA (1)

5) Senior Research & Thesis (1)

13 credits, my last semester and I'm going to take it easy, drink some beer and hopefully get some acceptance letters.

Thrice said:
1) Instramental Analysis (2nd semester of analytical chem) w/ Lab (4)

2) Population Genetics (3)

3) Advanced Clincal Microbiology w/ Lab (4)

4) SCUBA (1)

5) Senior Research & Thesis (1)

13 credits, my last semester and I'm going to take it easy, drink some beer and hopefully get some acceptance letters.

I agree with Thrice. I'm taking a slacker 12 credits (just enough to be a full-time senior.
1. Biochemistry of Health and Disease
2. Principles of Epidemiology
3. Plant Geography
4. Honors Thesis

Can't wait for the acceptance letters!! <crossing the fingers> Either way (rejection or acceptance) there will be much alcohol consumed.

skiracer90 said:
I agree with Thrice.

Not only do you agree with me, but we also got the same exact MCAT score.
Wierd.

Thrice said:
Not only do you agree with me, but we also got the same exact MCAT score.
Wierd.

Ohhhh. Well I can explain that. I flew over to Michigan to take the MCAT and I noticed that the kid in front of me had my version of the exam. He looked intelligent enough so I just copied from him answer-for-answer. So what I'm saying is this: thanks for your hard work. ;)

Physics, Physics lab, Experimental Biology Lab, Chancellor's Undergrad Internship Program (year-long), Internship Prep, Intermediate Spanish.
yep! The Spanish is to prepare for an Alternative Spring Break Program (you know, where you go to Mexico and build a house).
I'm looking forward to taking classes like scuba senior year though. :)

(17 quarter credits)