what's a 'good' percentage to have on uworld?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karizma098

Neon Tiger
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all.

so been working my way through uworld while utilizing the taus method / FA/ goljan audio.

that being said, i'm wondering, what is a 'good' average to be getting on uworld for the step1?

i'm about 25% done with the questions and have been in the 52-60% range. cumulative performance in the 50's or so.

i've got 11 weeks till my exam, with DIT starting up soon, so there is time to improve.

i'd like to score at average or higher, so 225+ would make me happy. to those who have scored in that range on an exam, nbme, prac test, whatever, what % correlation do u see with ur uworld questions?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

100%?

No, but seriously you can look at the different calculators or formulas, but take them with a grain of salt. You can also look at the past USMLE experiences threads to see the general correlation of how people did with their scores.

thanks, looks like i've got about 5-10% to go before i get to where i want to be. hopefully should be doable in ~ 10 weeks. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely go with Rx after M1, over 3000 qs and more geared hammering down facts and concepts, save uworld for latter parts of M2 for integration

I wouldn't think any question bank would be terribly useful after M1 since there are so few M1-specific questions. It'd probably be best to use Rx as you go through your units in M2 so you can nail down the stuff that's important for the boards.