Mr_Ritim

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2005
Status
Spoke to my pharmacist few months ago. He suggested that I go visit some Pharmacy schools in order to see it and get recognized by them. I was considering Texas Tech and wonder when would be a good time for me to pay them a visit. I live in the DFW area so I was thinking around spring break? I haven't contacted them by phone or email yet but I was wondering if any of you guys visited any of the schools you applied for. My pharmacist also offered to go with me to the school as well, so its very nice of him to take time out of his busy life to help me out. :)

npp71681

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2004
Status
Hi!
Mr Ritim,

I was thinking about visiting pharmacy schools that I am insteread in before the 2005-2006 admission cycle begins. Do you visit the whole university campus or just the pharmacy school? What are some questions that you can ask to the people about the school? Do they allow you to talk to the Pharmacy Dean, etc...What are some benefits of visiting schools?

OP
M

Mr_Ritim

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2005
Status
Yeah my pharmacist said visiting the schools you are going to apply for is highly recommended. The reason behind it would be that they actually know you before you apply and that would actually give you a benefit. I suppose meeting the Dean and talking to some students that actually go there would help you to get recognized around the school.

Overall I think its a great idea to really see if thats the place you would be willing to go. I was wondering if the summer is open for vistors or anytime of of the year would be great. I'll have to contact the schools soon and find out.

npp71681

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2004
Status
Hi!
Mr Ritim,

I am planning to visit in summer, too after this semester is over.
Thanks! for the advise.