esca007

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
40
0
Visit site
Status
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can clarify this for me. What is considered science gpa in the med school application? Is it only the pre-req or all the science and math classes you've taken regardless it's lower div or upper div? Thanks
 

Larsitron

Mac Addict
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
375
0
36
Rochester, NY
Status
Medical Student
esca007 said:
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can clarify this for me. What is considered science gpa in the med school application? Is it only the pre-req or all the science and math classes you've taken regardless it's lower div or upper div? Thanks
You've got it right. It covers every course that is considered a science or even comes under a science prefix. I've taken a few "philosophy of science" classes in the upper division, and those got figured into the science GPA too.
 

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
7,698
6
Status
Medical Student
esca007 said:
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can clarify this for me. What is considered science gpa in the med school application? Is it only the pre-req or all the science and math classes you've taken regardless it's lower div or upper div? Thanks
Science GPA = BCPM = Biology, Chemistry, Physics & Math (ALL OF THEM)
 

tinkerbelle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2003
2,571
6
Neverland
Status
Attending Physician
OSUdoc08 said:
Science GPA = BCPM = Biology, Chemistry, Physics & Math (ALL OF THEM)
And if you're an engineer, you can can a lot of your engineer classes as well (assuming you did well... otherwise don't include these grades)
 

gujuDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2004
13,874
36
Status
Medical Student, Resident [Any Field]
OP
E

esca007

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
40
0
Visit site
Status
so would independent bio research course count as bio or special studies?

Larsitron said:
You've got it right. It covers every course that is considered a science or even comes under a science prefix. I've taken a few "philosophy of science" classes in the upper division, and those got figured into the science GPA too.
 

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
7,698
6
Status
Medical Student
esca007 said:
so would independent bio research course count as bio or special studies?
Well if it is in the bio department, then bio. Look at where it falls in your college catalog.