Whats better DIT or Medical Education Online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naseeha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody tried both and can share the pros and cons of both? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

MEO is really helpful for where I am (at this moment in preparation) because he delves into the thought process behind answering "next step" style questions.

I don't have the DIT videos but have seen some. They were good, but almost like the guy was reading from a list. These were probably older, though.

IMO; each has it's own strength. DIT is great for quick recall, high-yield stuff. MEO is great for "Next step in management" and clarifying most common wrong answers to high yield topics.

Use Medical Education Online because:

1 it is free
2 he updates videos and adds new topics frequently

Members don't see this ad :)
I've decided to go with MEO since its free and the guy is pretty good. His diagrams, although very simple, help with some of the concepts. I'm treating this like goljan audio and just watching it in bed before going to sleep. I don't think you need to take notes so you can just sit back and watch.

Has anyone gone through all the MEO videos? How long did it take? I'm looking for something to review before intern year and don't want a rehash of DIT.

I remember seeing on his website somewhere that the total running time is 55 hours. However, peds hasn't been filmed yet.