What’s everyone’s opinion of PCOM-South GA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrOptimusPrime

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys the title says it all. I’m looking for an opinion about PCOM-South GA.

I’ve been accepted there and waitlisted a couple places.

I chose PCOM South Georgia even though it’s a new program because of its affiliation with PCOM and the numerous opportunities available as the first class. I also want to practice in a rural environment. What do people usually think of these newer schools with an affiliation with an established program?

Members don't see this ad.

@Goro what do you think of this new program or in general I of any new program branching off an older established program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not a fan of this. Just enables the AOA to allow ever more expansions.

Do you think it’s a quality place to attend medical school? OP I guess you’ve asked them where they are doing clinical rotations?

You have the benefit of years of PCOM experience so they don't have to reinvent the wheel. If you are happy in a very rural area you will be good. Apparently Moultrie is very excited to have a medical school.

Reactions: 1 user
Just curious: Can you transfer from one PCOM campus to another?

Do you think it’s a quality place to attend medical school? OP I guess you’ve asked them where they are doing clinical rotations?

the clinical rotations are mostly at the county hospital. They also have the other rotation site available that are available for the suwannee campus.

Just curious: Can you transfer from one PCOM campus to another?

I think under extenuating circumstances you can. I actually prefer Moultrie over the Suwannee campus, it gives me the opportunity to practice in the environment I see myself working in. I also feel like being a part of the first class I will have many opportunities available to me. I just hope I didn't make a bad decision and I won't be prepared well for the boards or residency.

the clinical rotations are mostly at the county hospital. They also have the other rotation site available that are available for the suwannee campus.
I heard they’re trying to open rotations at SGMC? Is this accurate information?

I heard they’re trying to open rotations at SGMC? Is this accurate information?

I have no idea. From what I gathered during my interview it seemed like it was going to be the county hospital that’s a couple of miles from the school itself.