What's going on at KCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Batman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The nature of some recent post has me wondering, "What's going on at KCOM?" Students aparently being dismissed? As well as faculty getting booted via petitions? What gives?

Members don't see this ad.

Batman,
I don't know of any students who have been dismissed from KCOM.

------------------
Carrie
KCOM '03

Batman--

I don't know of any students who have been dismissed from school. The faculty has changed considerably, but not due to any student petitions. I don't know the specific faculty changes, but I imagine that if you call the Admissions Office, they can give you an up-to-date list. The President and Dean are still in place.

------------------
Question Authority & Overturn Dogma

Members don't see this ad :)
What I was talking about was where faculty members signed a petition for Drs. McGovern's and Kuchera's removal. I read about it in the Kirksville Daily Express. I know that a Jack Bragg D.0. signed the petition, I just wanted to know if anybody can tell me what other faculty members signed the petition.
wink.gif

Sam Erwin

My original question still remains. What would motivate students and faculty alike to sign a petition for the removal of not one, but two faculty members? What reasons were quoted in the article you mention? Furthermore, is there an on-line version of the article? If so do you know the address?

As for my other question regarding student dismissals. It appears as though the original poster, of said topic, has deleted the post. Very interesting.

I take that back. The lawyer has returned with a new post regarding this dismissal stuff. So I repeat this question again. What exactly is going on at KCOM? Logic would suggest that there must be more then a few disgruntled students to justify this lawyer wasting his time trolling for buisness.

I read it on http://www.kirksvilledailyexpress.com a few months back. As far as I can remember the story said only faculty members were involved, no students. It also said (in another story) that K.C.O.M. was going to sell their hospital and clinics in Kirksville to a company in Tenn.. I don't know what the attorney that is asking about dismissed students wants. I'm just curious.
smile.gif

Sam Erwin

This spring there was a petition written, signed and made public by a group of KCOM faculty asking for the resignation of the school's President and the school's Dean. If you want to know the names of the faculty members, they are probably listed at the Kirksville Daily Express website (see above). They did not ask for dismissal of any students or other faculty members. Subsequently a number of the faculty who signed the petition were let go, or resigned, or were not offered contracts; I'm not certain of the exact resolution for all of the faculty members, who will be back next year, etc.

------------------
Question Authority & Overturn Dogma

As Hskermdc & Rocky stated, we attend KCOM and to our knowledge, no students have been dismissed over this affair.

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained!!

Thanks. Thats all I wanted to know.
smile.gif

Sam Erwin

I guess Hskmdic, Rocky, and OldManDave have answered your questions, but to sum up what they have said:
a) NO STUDENTS HAVE BEEN DISMISSED - ignore the lawyer. He's just greedy, ill-informed, and propagating hysteria on the part of those who read these message boards and think "Oh goodness! Students are being kicked out of KCOM!"

b) NO STUDENTS HAVE BEEN DISMISSED BECAUES OF THIS "SITUATION"

c) NO STUDENTS HAVE BEEN DISMISSED BECAUES OF THIS "SITUATION"

Clear enough? CLear enough to you, too, Mr Lawyer Seth?