what's going on w/ the NEW orange color?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
what's going on w/ the new orange colored text? for awhile, i thought it was my computer but after getting responses from others, i think this is now the new setting. i liked the previous layout/colors more.

Members don't see this ad.

This new color is starting to hurt my eyes. Is it only me, or does everything turn more orange once you look away from your screen?

this is the butt ugliest thing ever. someone, please fix this before i have a seizure trying to read the boards

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. Burnt orange is not really the greatest color for that much stuff.

Originally posted by DW
this is the butt ugliest thing ever. someone, please fix this before i have a seizure trying to read the boards

Nah...you'd have a seizure if it was [blink]blinking[/blink] orange.

What color was it? I think it used to be orange, so I didn't even notice when it changed back.

I think it was orange, but not this shade of orange. This one sucks. Hopefully they change it back.

the original one was orange but it somehow was easier to read than this. the newer one was a blackish text w/ blue background. this is kinda like a combo of both layouts but w/ orange text.

I only notice a change in the shade of orange of the text of the titles for the threads. Really, my bright white lamp seems to emanate an orange light now.

oh...another thing about the new layout which i wasn't used to was that the borders between each post/row/etc. is now gone. istead of having a black border around each section, it's just a change of background color.

I think you figured it out Yogi, but is it a mistake that was made after the latest update to the site or something permanent? I am getting used to it too, but I liked the other layout much better.

I think it was just a diversion to get us to stop bickering!!! :clap: :D :clap:

That may be it!:eek:

it would be pretty if we had different colors for each forum..

The boards look like he11 now. No me gusta.

:clap: the default colors are back. !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Or were.. What is going on?

Thank you for changing it back, though I guess some of us were wrong when we thought that the old color was some kind of orange, looks like it was black. My lamp light now seems to be emanating a white light once again. :)