whats good for ccs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MPR

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
other than UW ccs

whats a good 2nd source for ccs?

-First Aid Step 3 ccs

-Usmleconsult/usmlestep123 ccs

or

-EZpass ccs book...has anyone used this? if so is it good?

thanks in advance for any input :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

EZ pass Is good and UW ccs is a must but I have been hearing a lot of good things about Archer's CCS workshop. I did not use it but read a lot of posts of folks using Archer's and they swear by it. Many of these students claimed to score nearly off the map with ***'s after using Archer's ccs workshop. (I dont advertise or work for this guy, just reporting what I have heard).

I my self used UW CCS, read through it twice slowly while revising my notes. Was enough to earn me moderately high mark on the CCS bar(but no stars). It got me over the hump for passing.

Step3: 196/80

I heard the USMLE Consult/Step 123 is even better than UW for the CCS portion.

This is from people who have taken the Step 3 and used that. Dunno if this helps!

:D

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an IMG, no program yet. My experience tells me that sticking to one good source/review material and reading it over and over works well. I think the UW CCS was really good. I did it twice, some 3x. Did not read any other material for CCS part and my step 3 performance profile for the CCS part was above borderline. If you don't have a lot of time and are looking to just pass (i got mid 80s), i suggest you stick to the UW CCS. Hope this helps!:)

I am an IMG, no program yet. My experience tells me that sticking to one good source/review material and reading it over and over works well. I think the UW CCS was really good. I did it twice, some 3x. Did not read any other material for CCS part and my step 3 performance profile for the CCS part was above borderline. If you don't have a lot of time and are looking to just pass (i got mid 80s), i suggest you stick to the UW CCS. Hope this helps!:)

thats for ccs....what about the mcq's? uw also? or did you read a particular book? i'm looking for good feedback, cuz i can only advise people what i know..its good to hear from others :rolleyes: